Point of Sale
Smarter decisions. Faster
management. Better business.
for a Free Consultation.
Features to help you think on your feet.
Your POS should keep up.
Go for total business management.
Your one-stop way to ring sales, accept credit cards, manage vendors and inventory, and build customer relationships.
Count on it to get more done.
10x faster startup times than previous version and new multi tasking capabilities allow you to toggle between tasks.1
Securely accepts credit cards.
QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop 12.0 is EMV Chip Card Ready, designed to support the most updated payment technology for greater data security.2
Integrates with QuickBooks Desktop3
Save time by having your data automatically sync with QuickBooks Desktop. Auto payment reconciliation is now available too. No more double entries.
See how QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop 12.0 Works
Choose a plan to fit your needs.
Call today (800) 460-1494 for financing options.
Run your entire business with QuickBooks.
Quickly do your invoicing, bookkeeping, and billing all in one place. Easily track sales, expenses and be ready for tax time. Learn more.
Faster payments happen in QuickBooks.
Accept credit cards in your QuickBooks POS system. Rates as low as 1%. Learn more.
Combine QuickBooks Point of Sale software with these guaranteed-compatible hardware5 to turn any PC into a complete retail management system.
These Point of Sale supplies are designed to work with Intuit QuickBooks Retail Solutions software and Hardware.
Talk to a Local Expert
Connect with a local certified Point of Sale (POS)
retail solution expert and start transforming your
business with the best retail inventory
management solution from Intuit QuickBooks.
"I like the multi-tasking feature. It saves a lot of time and allows better customer service."
"I've been installing QBPOS for clients for a few years and have always found it to be a solid reliable program that gets the job done well. V12 [Quickbooks Point of Sale Desktop 12.0] adds some great enhancements to an already good program."
"I think it was a big improvement for speed and still very easy for employees to learn."
"Easy to use and gets the job done."
Frequently asked questions
Why QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop 12.0?
Q: What’s new in QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop 12.0?
A: New features include:
- Faster Performance: 10x faster startup times and significantly faster workflows such as accessing items and customer lists or looking up item history.
- Time-Saving New Features: Multi-tasking capabilities, keyboard shortcuts and sorting within key workflows such as ringing up a sale, receiving items, or returning items.
- Auto Payment Reconciliation: Auto payment reconcilation is now available with QuickBooks Desktop 2015.
- EMV Chip Card Ready: Designed to support the most updated payment technology for greater data security.
Q: How do I process credit cards?
A: You can use Point of Sale to process credit card payments quickly and easily without a separate credit card terminal, all you need is a QuickBooks Point of Sale Payments Account4. You can easily record and authorize secure transactions right from your Point of Sale software, or iPhone and Tablet. Your transactions are automatically recorded right in Point of Sale, no more going back and forth to a separate terminal, no more double data entry and you’ll reduce errors.
Where can I buy?
Q: Where can I buy QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop 12.0?
A: You can buy QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop 12.0 by 1) Purchasing on our website at quickbooks.intuit.com/point-of-sale, 2) contacting our sales agents at 1-800-460-1494, or 3) working with a local certified Intuit Reseller. Click here to find a Reseller near you.
Q: How much does it cost?
A: There are three levels of Point of Sale: 1) Point of Sale Basic is $1,499.95, 2) Pro is $1,999.95 and 3) Multi-Store is $2199.95. For more information on the differences between these products please see the product comparison chart by clicking here.
Q: Can I try before I buy it?
A: Yes! Simply download the Point of Sale Free version and accept the free 30 day trial now. If you decide to purchase within the 30 day trial period, simply call us to "unlock" your free version to the Pro version (additional fee required). You'll be able to continue using the same installation without having to download, install or set up anything again!
How do I setup and get customer support?
Q: How do I setup and install QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop 12.0?
A: QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop 12.0 software has many tools to help you get up and running smoothly, including:
- Quick Start Guide included with your software.
- Ongoing technical support plans.
- Certified QuickBooks Point of Sale ProAdvisors may also be available to help you get the most out of your product. Visit www.findaproadvisor.com.
- Connect with other Point of Sale users and experts to ask questions and share advice. Go to the User Community.
- Local Certified Intuit Resellers - Your local retail business and technology experts can help you with any retail technology questions, and are just a few clicks away. Learn more.
Q: What are the system requirements?
- At least 4 GB of RAM for a single workstation installation
- 1 GB of disk space (additional space required for data files)
- Single user: 2.4 GHz processor (2.8 GHz recommended)
- Multiple users: 2.8 GHz processor (3.5 GHz recommended)
- Optimized for 1024x768 screen resolution
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Vista, all editions (SP2 or later strongly recommended)
- Windows Server 2008 (SP1 or later strongly recommended)
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
Data import/export and Microsoft Office integration requires:
- Microsoft® Excel 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010 or 2013
- Microsoft® Word 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010 or 2013
- Multi-core processor and 8 GB of RAM are recommended for better performance on the Point of Sale server workstation.
- In a multi-user configuration, each workstation concurrently running Point of Sale must have a seperately purchased user license, and every copy of Point of Sale must be the same version and level.6
QuickBooks Financial Software integration requires:
- Intuit QuickBooks Pro or Premier 2013–2015
- Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Versions 13.0, 14.0 and 2015
QuickBooks Payment Account: (sold separately)
- Optional fee-based service, additional terms and conditions apply
- Requires a QuickBooks Payments account through Intuit Payment Solutions. Application approval and fees apply.
- PIN pad required for debit transactions, sold separately.
- Internet connection required.
Note: Some configurations may require that you adjust settings in firewall and anti-virus products to ensure the best possible performance with Point of Sale.
System Configuration Notes:
- Disk space requirements do not include company data files. If your company data file is very large or includes item pictures you may need more disk space.
- In order to run several applications simultaneously, your system should have a mult-core processor and at least 4GB of RAM. Point of sale will run on both 32-bit and 64-bit processors running Windows. However, not all hardware devices will install and operate on 64-bit operating systems. We recommend that you contact the device manufacturers for more information about installing their hardware devices on 64-bit operating systems.
Q: Who do I call for customer support?
A: If you need further customer support, please call our Customer Care center at 1-877-223-4713. We are open during these times: 4 AM-8PM (PST) Mon-Fri, 7AM-4PM (PST) Sat-Sun.
* Free PIN Pad offer ($350 value) available only by calling Intuit at (800) 460-1494. Offer is valid with the purchase of QuickBooks Point of Sale and approved Merchant Service account. Offer expires 4/17/2015.
- 10x faster startup time based on testing against QuickBooks Point of Sale 2013 R1 release. Faster workflows based on testing against QuickBooks POS 2013 R12 release for: loading customer lists, loading inventory item lists, looking up specific inventory items, and looking up specific customers.
- QuickBooks POS Desktop 12.0 software and PIN Pad (Ingenico IPP 350) are EMV Chip Card Ready.
- QuickBooks POS Desktop 12.0 integrates with QuickBooks Pro/Premier (2013-2015) and QuickBooks Enterprise (13.0, 14.0, 2015). Sold separately. Auto payment reconciliation works with Quickbooks Pro, Pro Plus, Premier, Premier Plus, or Enterprise 2015. User must have QuickBooks Point of Sale software, Quickbooks Desktop 2015(see versions above), and a POS Merchant Service account in order to use auto payment reconciliation.
- POS Payments PIN Debit rates are 1%, Swiped card rates are 2.3% and Keyed card rates are 3.2% There is a $0.25 fee per transaction. Please call an agent at (800) 450-8129 for more details on card rates. Internet access required to process all transactions and PIN Pad hardware is required to accept PIN debit transactions, sold separately. Terms and conditions, features, support, pricing and service options subject to change without notice.
- QuickBooks-Approved retail hardware comes with a one (1) year Hardware Component Manufacturers Limited Warranty, an Intuit Limited Warranty of Inter-operability and a sixty (60) Day Money Back Satisfaction Limited Warranty. Click here for the full warranty. Due to hardware upgrades, actual components may differ slightly in appearance.
- Applicable to the Server Workstation when multiple networked computers concurrently run Point of Sale.
Terms, conditions, pricing, features, service, and support options are subject to change without notice.
NOTE: The QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop 12.0 service timeframe is through May 2018 and updates will be provided when and if available.