5 Books to Help You Plot Your 2012 Sales Strategy
This holiday season, why not give yourself one or more of the most popular sales-strategy books in print? Here are five titles that can help you boost your business in 2012.
- Coaching Salespeople into Sales Champions: A Tactical Playbook for Managers and Executives, by Keith Rosen. This playbook focuses on developing your executive coaching skills — often a missing discipline among today’s leaders — and shows how to realize your sales team’s potential and retain your top performers. The book includes case studies, a 30-day turnaround strategy, and a library of powerful coaching questions.
- Mastering the Complex Sale: How to Compete and Win When the Stakes Are High, by Jeff Thull. This book is about making business decisions that demonstrate your value and remove customers’ internal barriers that prevent them from moving forward. It leads you through Diagnostic Business Development, a system based on years of experience with top sales professionals and executive teams worldwide. Its value-based approach positions you as a valued business adviser and contributor to your customers’ success.
- SNAP Selling: Speed Up Sales and Win More Business with Today’s Frazzled Customers, by Jill Konrath. SNAP Selling is written from the perspective of how your prospect or customer makes buying decisions. Sales strategist Konrath shows how to overcome obstacles to get more appointments, speed up decisions, and win sales with short-fused, frazzled customers.
- Selling to the C-Suite: What Every Executive Wants You to Know about Successfully Selling to the Top, by Nicholas A.C. Read and Dr. Stephen J. Bistritz. Experts say that if you really want to sell something, you have to sell the person at the top of the food chain. Selling to the C-Suite offers a guide on how to gain access to executives, establish trust and credibility, leverage relationships, and create value at the C-level. It also describes what happens when executives personally enter the buying process and the role they play.
- Slow Down, Sell Faster! Understand Your Customer’s Buying Process and Maximize Your Sales, by Kevin Davis. Rushing an already rushed customer doesn’t yield results for the buyer or the seller. Slow Down, Sell Faster! offers tips on how to identify your customers’ real needs, as well as insights into customer-buying processes.