Five Unusual Ways to Get Your Small Business on the Radar
When it comes to standing out in the business world, you have to pull out all the stops. It’s not enough to simply start a blog or market to your customers through Facebook and Twitter. You need to identify what makes you different from the competition and capitalize on it.
Here are five ways to get noticed that you’ve probably not thought about.
1) Create a customized stamp featuring your business name and website address – Want to get people interested in what you have to offer? Why not stamp 100 one dollar bills with your company name and URL and use them at the supermarket, dry cleaners, and movie theater? Not only will you earn points for originality, you increase your customer base in a matter of seconds as each bill changes hands over and over again. (Note: This may technically be illegal.)
2) Wrap your car – Essentially a moving billboard, your car can feature important information about your business. Telephone numbers, web addresses, as well as a logo and slogan can be used to draw attention. Car-Wraps.com offers business owners financing options and has nationwide car wrap coverage.
3) Make an app – What better way to reach millions of people than through their iPod or Smartphone? Offer your customers a free and relevant application and watch people flock to it.
4) Make your video go viral – Old Spice had the right idea when it cast Isaiah Mustafa, a former player for the NFL, in its commercials. The company’s Super Bowl ad won an Emmy and the athlete turned actor was selected to host TBS’s “Funniest Commercials of the Year 2010.” Personalized responses from Mustafa via various social media outlets helped propel the ad campaign’s success.
5) Sponsor a youth sports team – Have your company name and web address printed on the shirts of all the players. As the girls and boys enter the field, rink or court, spectators will be able to identify one of their biggest supporters — you!