Need another reason to use LinkedIn company pages to promote your business? Here you go: A recent LinkedIn study found that half of its members are more likely to purchase from a business that they engage with on the site.
Company pages offer a wealth of free and premium tools to help businesses market themselves to potential employees, customers, and partners. Here are five tips for getting the most out of these features — and making an impact with your page.
1. Use keywords. Companies on LinkedIn are found the same way as individuals — via search — so create your page with SEO in mind. Research and identify keywords that potential customers and job seekers might look for and incorporate them into your descriptions of your company, its specialties, its products and services, and any other text.
2. Socialize. Company pages now have social media features, such as the ability to post status updates, gain followers, and share content. Use these to engage current and potential customers, share your industry expertise, and establish thought leadership. Remember to keep all “social” communiqués professional.
3. Think locally. If your business is a service provider, most of your customers will come from your geographic area. To ensure they can find you, include your location — LinkedIn lets you add up to five — so your business pops up in ZIP code searches.
4. Add banner images. Following Facebook’s introduction of cover photos, LinkedIn added banner image options to its company pages. You can add these to each section of your company’s profile, including three photos on your products page. Take advantage of these opportunities to enliven your presence and tell your brand story through imagery.
5. Remember your logo. Your logo is the visual representation of your business and probably the most important component of your branding. Don’t forget to include it on your company page. You’ll need two versions: a standard logo for the profile page and a square one that will function as your icon when followers see your status updates.
Help Your Business Thrive
Get our Newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter to receive your free 30-day trial of QuickBooks