Apple’s latest member to the “i” family, the iPad, is not just another fancy electronic device. It’s turning into a lean, mean piece of hardware capable of turning small businesses into efficient mobile operations. Get control over your finances with these top small business finance apps for iPad.
1) Bloomberg for iPad (Free) – From stock, bonds, news, and podcasts, stay on top of the financial happenings in your industry with this finance app. While you’re at it, download the just-launched Bloomberg Businessweek app, which provides the same content as the print edition, coupled with an interactive reading experience. This app is free for Businessweek subscribers.
2) Time Master + Billing ($9.99) – This time tracking and invoicing app developed by On Core Software LLC boasts the average highest rating of all time management apps on the App Store. Perfect for any business person who does work based upon billable hours, this app lets you easily track your time and can even handle interruptions while working.
3) Expensify (Free) – We dare you to find anyone that likes filling out their expense report. Expensify helps make this often daunting task a little less terrifying. This app can log mileage, import credit card purchase history, and generate IRS-ready eReceipts. Take a picture of a receipt and attach the image to your expense report and submit your expense report right from your iPad.
4) Numbers ($9.99) – This spreadsheet for the iPad provides 250 functions and 16 templates, including those for invoicing and scheduling. See your data in chart form or export Excel or PDF files to send to your contacts.
5) StockWatch ($2.99) – Keep track of your portfolio and the stock market with this mobile app. With unlimited financial instrument tracking, 50 stock exchanges supported, and loads of other research tools, StockWatch is a comprehensive investor app.
6) CNBC Real-Time for iPad (Free) – Direct from the NYSE and NASDAQ exchanges, this is the only free app that provides real-time streaming quotes before, during, and after the market closes. Interactive charts, personalized scrolling tickers, news, and videos are also available with this app. Marketdash (Free) by Yahoo and FOX Business for iPad (Free) are similar tools.
7) Currency+ (Currency Exchange Rates Converter) ($1.99) – Any global business traveler will find changing money a breeze with this currency converter. Create a list of currency favorites out of 150 supported to get real-time conversions. FX Currency Ware (Free) and iCurrency Pad ($0.99) offer similar features.
8) EasyBooks (Free) – Simply put, EasyBooks is an easy-to-use booking and invoicing app that’s ideally suited for small businesses. This handy app keeps track of bank accounts, expenses, sales and purchase invoices, assets, earnings and more. You can reconcile bank accounts and credit card statements right in the app, and you a full double-entry accounting system lets you produce financial reports such as a balance sheet, profit and loss statement, audit report, and more. For a one time charge, you can add unlimited transactions to the free app.
9) Intuit GoPayment Credit Card Terminal (Free) – Use your iPad (or iPhone or iPod Touch) to accept secure credit card payments anytime or anywhere. Don’t ever miss a sale just because you don’t have access to a credit card terminal. Get paid at job sites or in meetings. Heck, you can even get paid on the golf course — and you get a free Intuit Credit Card reader to connect to your phone.
10) QuickBooks Connect – (Free for 30 days) – Automatically sync with your QuickBooks data, so you can quickly access key financial data when you’re out of the office.
Tell us about any other amazing small business finance apps you’ve found!
Help Your Business Thrive
Get our Newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter to receive your free 30-day trial of QuickBooks