New Year’s resolutions are normally top of mind this time of year. To that end, and without fail, getting more organized, saving time and/or improving work-life balance are somewhere on everyone’s resolution list, especially if you’re a small business owner.
If any of these resolutions are in your top five, check out the list of applications and software programs below that can help to streamline your small business tasks and give you more free time in 2016.
With an easy-to-use interface and a near ubiquitous global presence, PayPal’s merchant services are a great option for making and receiving payments.
PayPal’s top features include:
- Checkout integration: PayPal enables you to add it as a payment option on your e-commerce site and as an in-store payment option as well.
- Mobile pay: Using PayPal Here, you can accept payments on your iPhone, iPad and Android.
- Small Business Loans: PayPal Working Capital offers small business funding based on your PayPal sales and without a credit check.
A pioneer in the mobile payment arena, Square provides free card readers to its users. In conjunction with a downloaded app, available on iPhone, iPad and Android, it’s easy for you to start accepting credit card payments.
Square’s top features are:
- Easy interface: Square offers an easy start-up process with very little setup. You’ll be able to start accepting payments in minutes.
- Consistent pricing: While all of these mobile payment systems charge fees, Square prides itself on having one transaction fee across all major credit cards, which is 2.75%.
A scalable solution depending on your needs, QuickBooks is a good choice for small businesses that need help with accounting tasks, tax documentation and invoicing. In its online version, you get the type of support you need without having to purchase a cumbersome software package that might need a lot of updating throughout its useful life.
QuickBooks’ top features include:
- App sync: QuickBooks can sync with third-party apps, including Paypal and Square. QuickBooks also has free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android that can give you the convenience of on-the-go financial management.
- Automatic back-ups: QuickBooks backs up its data everyday with bank-level security.
- Payroll: Pay your employees with precision and efficiency.
- Invoicing: QuickBooks creates professional invoices that you can customize to meet your specific needs.