5 Great Podcasts for Small-Business Owners
Looking for inspiration? Apple’s iTunes store offers hundreds of thousands of free audio and video podcasts on just about every subject under the sun. Many of these topics, from increasing your chance of getting an SBA loan to overcoming your creative fears, can help you run a better business. Here are five of the best podcasts for entrepreneurs.
- HBR IdeaCast. Brought to you by the brainiacs at Harvard Business Review, HBR IdeaCast features fascinating interviews, commentary, and case studies about overcoming the challenges of running a business. Regular guests include high-profile CEOs: For example, Coca-Cola’s honcho has discussed doubling the company’s size, and Disney’s top exec talked about modernizing Mickey Mouse. Although your business probably operates on a much smaller scale, the strategies discussed herein may provide you with valuable insights.
- Venture Voice. The best way to learn how to start a profitable business is to find out how others have done it in the past. Venture Voice calls on successful entrepreneurs, such as TreeHugger founder Graham Hill and Pandora founder Tim Westergren, to discuss how they got started and worked their way to success.
- Entrepreneur Podcasts. This media company geared toward small-business owners provides a wealth of podcasts on entrepreneurship: Learn how to turn a sales pitch into an ad, or get the latest news on women in business. Entrepreneur magazine’s most recent podcasts are available on the company’s website; search the iTunes store to dig into the archives.
- The Accidental Creative. The Accidental Creative provides advice on real-world strategies to stay creatively engaged. Interview subjects include people like marketing guru Seth Godin and David Allen, who originated the Getting Things Done time-management program.
- Small Business Trends Radio. Wondering what it means to bring your business into the cloud or how to protect your company from cyberhackers? The informative podcasts offered by Small Business Trends feature interviews with business owners and experts about recent developments in technology, plus strategies for growing your enterprise in a down economy.