FULL PRIVACY STATEMENT
Last Updated: 13th January, 2012
At Intuit Limited ('Intuit'), we pride ourselves on our commitment to protecting your privacy. We want you to know how we will collect, use and disclose the personal data you provide to us.
Intuit complies with the U.S. - E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Union and Switzerland respectively. Information regarding the both the E.U. and Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks can be found at http://export.gov/safeharbor. Intuit adheres to the US Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement, and are registered with the U.S. Department of Commerce's Safe Harbor Programme.
Data Protection Administration
Maidenhead, SL6 1AD, UK
Collecting Your Data
Intuit QuickBooks Online processes adhere to the US Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement, and is registered with the U.S. Department of Commerce's Safe Harbor Program.
'Personal data' is any data that can be used to identify you as an individual. Intuit collects 'personal data' about you only with your full knowledge in conjunction with:
- A product purchase
- Registration of a purchased product
- A request for information
- A request for any trial products that Intuit may offer
Using Your Data
It is Intuit's policy that you should know exactly what personal data we collect from you and how we will use it. We collect personal data from you for the purpose of processing your order or enquiry. We may use your personal data to supply products and services to you that you have requested, carry out any agreement with you or take any steps that you have requested. In particular, we may:
- Update you as to the status of your order.
- Alert you to important product revisions or updates.
- Inform you about upgrades to your purchased Intuit products.
- Customise your experience with us.
- Ensure that you are properly registered to receive technical support.
- We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service through our chat feature. These companies are authorised to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- We post customer testimonials. We receive permission to post testimonials that include personal data prior to posting.
In addition to the above uses, where you have given us appropriate permission, we may also use your personal data for the following purposes and direct marketing ('Additional Purposes'):
- Tell you about special discounts on additional Intuit products and services.
- Advise you about new Intuit products and services.
- Advise you about new products from other carefully-screened companies that Intuit feels may be of interest to you (we carefully screen and then select such companies only when we are satisfied that their products and/or services are likely to be of interest to you).
- Ask you for feedback on our offerings and your experience with us.
Aggregate data is general data about groups of customers and does not identify individual customers. Intuit may combine your data with that of other individuals to create aggregate data which we will use to improve our products & services and develop new ones. For example, we may tell a third party how many people purchased a certain product, but not that you personally purchased a specific item.
Security and Data Retention
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can contact us through our Contact Us page at https://support.qbo.intuit.com/global/quickbooks-online-support-contact-us. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and maintain our normal business operations. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us.
We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. If at any time you wish for us to delete your personal data from our files, please make this request by writing to the postal address provided above, or online through our Contact Us page, and we will respond promptly. Please understand that it may be technically or legally impossible.
Most browsers accept and maintain cookies by default. Check the Help menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preference. You can choose to decline cookies while at our Website, but this may limit your ability to access certain areas of the Website.
Alternatively you may wish to visit an independent source of information, www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual or network operator for advice.
To purchase and download products from Intuit you must ensure your browser is able to accept cookies. Cookies are required for these services to authenticate registered users and to provide access to certain areas of our Websites that are available to limited registered users only. Cookies are deleted when you close your browser, as well; this authentication becomes invalid after a certain period of time.
List of quickbooks.intuit.com/au cookies:
- Google Analytics for anonymous, aggregated web analytics:
- utma, utmb - "Persistent" cookie expires after 1 year
- utmz - "Persistent" cookie expires after 6 months
- utmc - "Session" cookie expires on browser close
- Adobe Test & Target - for delivering content testing:
- mobx - "Persistent" cookie expires after 12 months
Pages on quickbooks.intuit.com/au may also contain the following cookies:
- Instant Service for Chat buttons and Chat windows:
- IS3_GSV - "Session" cookie expires on browser close
- IS3_History - "Persistent" cookie expires after 1 hour
- Isvt_visitor - "Persistent" cookie expires after 2 months
- KISS Insights for pop-up surveys:
- ki_r – "Persistent" cookie expires after 5 years
- ki_s – "Persistent" cookie expires after 5 years
- ki_t – "Persistent" cookie expires after 5 years
- ki_u – "Persistent" cookie expires after 5 years
- YouTube for videos:
- VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE – "Persistent" cookie related to YouTube (expires after 8 months)
- PREF – "Persistent" cookie related to YouTube (expires after 10 years)
- Use_hitbox – "Session" cookie related to YouTube (expires on browser close)
- "Social sharing buttons":
- pid – "Persistent" cookie expires after 2 years
- datr - "Persistent" cookie expires after 1 year
- locale - "Persistent" cookie expires after 1 week
- lsd - "Session" cookie expires on browser close
- reg_fb_gate - "Session"cookie expires on browser close
- reg_fb_ref - "Session"cookie expires on browser close
With or without cookies, our Websites track usage data, such as the source address that a page request is coming from, your IP address or domain name, the date and time of the page request, the referring Website (if any) and other parameters in the URL. We use this data to better understand Website usage so that we know what areas of our Website users prefer and what organisations might have an interest in our offerings. This data is stored in log files and is used for internal business analytics purposes. This log data is not linked to personal data gathered elsewhere on the site.
Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs)
We employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personally identifiable information.
Disclosing Your Data
Intuit may also transfer personal data to Intuit-affiliated companies in other countries. In addition, we will transfer/share your personal data as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process.
It is Intuit's policy that you are kept in control of the ways in which we use your personal data for the Additional Purposes. All Intuit communications, in whatever medium, that involve the recording of personal data for these Additional Purposes include a short section that allows you to indicate your preferences with respect to the use of that personal data. You can choose whether or not you wish to receive additional information or promotional offers from Intuit.
Data Collected by Telephone In the event that you submit your personal details by telephone, please note that Intuit may monitor or record your call for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide evidence of your order or transaction with us
- To ensure that we comply with relevant regulatory procedures
- To see that quality standards or targets are being met In the interests of national security to prevent or detect crime or to investigate the unauthorised use of a telecommunications system
- To secure the effective operation of our telecommunications system
Any information that you choose to provide us with will be used to personalise and improve our customer service operations. All information is collected and stored in a secure manner and is used strictly in relation to this policy and your stated preference. Intuit shall not be responsible or liable for loss of privacy, disclosure of information, harm, damage or loss that may result from your transmission of any information to us. In addition, under the law, we must cooperate fully with any law enforcement agency should a situation arise where our information about customers could be of assistance.
From time to time, Intuit may introduce new products and services to our customers that may require modifications to this policy. We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time by notifying our customers, via the Intuit Website, of a new or revised policy. These modifications will only apply to personal data that you then provide to us after the date of the modification.
As an Intuit customer, we provide you an opportunity to choose whether we contact you for marketing purposes. If you have chosen to receive marketing messages, we may also use your contact information to inform you of other products or services we think might interest you. You can revoke your consent at any time by logging into your QuickBooks Online account and editing your contact preferences in Your Account, or by requesting to opt out through our Contact Us page.
Please note that your contact preferences only apply to Intuit contacting you for marketing purposes. We may still need to communicate with you regarding the usability of your product or critical messages relating to your service or software. These communications may include service messages, subscription renewal notices, critical notices or legally mandated notices.
In the future, we may make changes to our privacy policies or practices. If we make material changes regarding personal information, we will update our statement and post a notice on the Intuit Website 30 days before the changes take effect.
Contact Us for More Information
Data Protection Administration
Maidenhead, SL6 1AD, UK
Please be sure to include your mailing address if you would like us to send you any written materials. Intuit reserves the right to take reasonable steps to verify any requests for personal information it receives.
If at any time you wish your personal data to be deleted from our files, please contact us in writing and we will respond to your request promptly