Working in an office is not without its perks, especially compared to the complicated nature of working from home. There’s comradery with your co-workers, free birthday cake, built-in lunch breaks and a desk and chair you didn’t have to pay for. Even so, there are some things only office workers will understand when it comes to Monday to Friday life.
1. Free food makes life worth living
Did somebody say free food? Leftover sandwiches in the lunchroom? Stale cake from yesterday’s meeting? We’re IN.
2. Your day revolves around your coffee addiction
The clock hits 10am, time for coffee number one…ok, three. Yawns.
3. The countdown to lunch is a daily ritual
Only 2 hours and 57 minutes until you have a whole hour to yourself. Bliss.
4. Awkward elevator conversations are a given
Sometimes you take the stairs just to avoid making polite conversation with co-workers you hardly know.
5. On Mondays, you come prepared with a highlight reel of your weekend
Why isn’t it socially acceptable to say you slept in, sat around and did nothing?
6. Signing cards for people you hardly know is a regular occurrence
Birthday cards, retirement cards, congratulations cards – now you just write ‘good luck’ on all of them.
7. Birthday cake is life
Who’s birthday is it again? *Faceplant.*
8. Kitchen mysteries are a real thing
What IS that in the fridge? When was the last time someone cleaned the sandwich press? And who took the last clean fork?
9. Meetings are a part of office life
No matter how hard you try to get out of them, meetings are never going away.
10. Friday drinks are not optional
*Cheers* WE MADE IT.