These days starting your own business is easier than ever. Whether you have an ecommerce store, a blog or a website, running an online business is an exciting endeavour. While the possibilities are endless, the reality is this business can be tough. Here are 10 truths about starting an online business.
1. You’ll be addicted to checking your numbers
Hello Google Analytics.
2. Your smartphone will be glued to your hand 24/7
You may have to deal with smartphone addiction at some stage.
3. You’ll have more flexibility than you know what to do with
While you may have visions of taking your laptop to Bali, most of the time, you’ll end up on the couch with Netflix.
4. A kind comment, share or tweet will make your day
That moment when someone shares one of your videos, tweets about your product or comments on your blog post will make your entire day week.
5. A negative comment, share or tweet will send you into a spiral
That moment when someone says something negative on your social media will have you dialling Pizza Hut and ordering the cheesiest pizza on the menu.
6. You’ll become a social media whiz
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat – you’re ALL over it.
7. Google will be your new best friend
Thanks to SEO, you’re now forever indebted to keeping Google happy.
8. Everyone will wonder how you make money
But most people will be too afraid to ask it. You can simply give those that do, The Look.
9. Other online entrepreneurs will become your best friends
Finally, you can talk about the latest Google update with people who get it.
10. You’ll want to want to start a second online business
Because at the end of this day, this whole entrepreneur thing is FUN.