Most people, at some point in their lives, will find themselves working in an office. While office life is not without its perks, it’s also full of awkward moments. From quirky co-workers to computer mishaps, here are the most common awkward moments you can expect in the office.
1. When one person accidentally hits reply all
And soon there’s an avalanche of reply-alls. MAKE IT STOP.
2. When a random co-worker sings Happy Birthday just because they want free cake
Happy birthday dear mmm-mmm, happy birthday to you!
3. When someone cooks fish in the office microwave
No. Just no.
4. When a personal chat pops up on your computer
And everyone is watching.
5. When someone signs your farewell card with birthday well wishes
Gee thanks guys.
6. When you accidentally sign off a work email with a kiss and hug xo
I don’t love you guys, honest.
7. When someone steals your lunch from the communal fridge
And you’ve been looking forward to eating it ALL day.
8. When someone actually calls your work phone
Doesn’t everyone just email now?
9. Being the only person in the office who doesn’t drink coffee
Aaaand now you’re an outcast.
10. Pressing send on an email too early
Oh no. Come BACK!
11. When your boss throws to you in a meeting and you haven’t prepared anything
And now you’ve lost all credibility.
Can we all agree that riding the elevator with co-workers is just plain awkward?
13. When the printer breaks
And NOBODY knows what to do.
14. Any meeting scheduled after 12pm on a Friday
It should be illegal.
15. When you wear the exact same outfit as a co-worker
And they look better.