This year has got off to a flying start!
The Intuit Australia team are firing on all cylinders so you can expect to see plenty of action and updates from the team as the year progresses. If you’re on twitter, don’t forget to follow @QuickBooksAU so you can stay up to date with our latest news and updates or check out what our team has been up to!
You can also check out our YouTube channel where you can find helpful training videos designed to help you get the most out of QuickBooks Online.
The February QuickBooks Online update was jam packed with plenty of new updates including a number of awesome updates to Payroll thanks to our friends at KeyPay, see below for more details.
Here are some of this month’s highlights:
- Smarter bank feed auto-categorisation. QuickBooks Online saves you time by automatically categorising transactions based on how you previously categorised a similar transaction’s payee, not the bank description. The bank description can often be truncated meaning that transactions may not be categorised correctly.
- Reorder bank feed rules. If you weren’t already aware of this, bank rules are applied in numerical order, and you can apply only one rule per transaction. Reordering lets you easily control which rules you want to apply and in which order. Transactions > Banking > â–¼ to the right of Update > Manage rules.
- Specify a bank feed rule by transaction type. Based on your feedback, you can now specify a bank rule by transaction type. For example if you have a regular transfer between two accounts, create a rule to save time. Transactions > Banking > â–¼ to the right of Update > Manage rules > New rule.
- Add custom reports to your management reports packages. You can now include more reports, including custom reports in your Management Reports pack. To access this feature go to Reports > Management Reports > click Edit in the Action column. If you select Reports in the left column you will be able to select from a list which reports you would like to include.
- Ability to delete custom form styles. We’ve heard from a number of our customers that you want to be able to delete custom form styles you no longer use. To do this select the Gear > Custom Form Styles > Action column > Delete.
- Print lists the way you sort them. For example if you want to print an expense list, go to Transactions > Expenses, sort by the Payee column, and click Print, the list will print in that order.
- Updated chart of accounts numbering. You can now choose to display and search for an account by its number. To enable and show chart of account numbering, go to Gear > Company Settings > Advanced > Chart of accounts. Select Enable account numbers and Use account numbers, and then click Save. Then on the Chart of Accounts page (Gear > Chart of Accounts), you can show/hide the Number column by clicking the gear above the table. To batch edit account numbers, click the pencil icon.
- Fast access to customer statements. You can quickly generate customer statements by going to Customers > click a customer in the list > filter type by Statements.
- Change to Products and Services display. We’ve simplified this view for you to make it easier to review your products and services. If you sort by the Name column, you’ll see sub-items in outline view if you sort by other columns, sub-items appear in flat view
- Enhanced credit card processing. We have made changes to the way we store and display credit card information where all credit card details are now fully masked to the last 4 digits. These changes were made to ensure QBO is compliant with International Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards. This will minimize potential for misuse and ensure your customers’ payment information is secure
KeyPay has been working closely with our team and QuickBooks Online users to deliver some awesome feature enhancements and new features to the QuickBooks payroll application.
In the last 12 months KeyPay has delivered 252 new features and feature enhancements with 29 of those specifically relating the QuickBooks Online payroll offering. We’ll publish a dedicated blog on the latest KeyPay changes shortly however some of the highlights include:
- Full dashboard redesign to enable faster access to all of the key payroll features used. This includes new quick links, superannuation (SGC) now on the employee overview, direct access to employees and a new employee search.
- Ability to sync Location and Classes with QuickBooks Online
- You can now use location and classes to create very detailed payroll journals
- Time Activity timesheets can now be imported from QuickBooks Online into payroll pay your staff directly from their Time Activity entries!
- You can now run payroll and publish payslips on a scheduled day and process them automatically
- We have added full support of Redundancy / ETP calculations for terminations including the automatic production of Payment Summaries
- Budgets are now added to our Rostering. You can set a percentage of sales or create a full budget
- You can now process reimbursable expenses to employees
Report an issue or suggestion
We love hearing from our customers and actively monitor and review the feedback we receive. If you want to leave feedback, you can do so by clicking the Gear icon in QuickBooks Online, and then click Feedback. This is the best way to get your ideas recorded and worked on! Learn more