With the latest iOS update, you can now add new bank feeds, switch companies on the fly and edit products and services via the web or items not supported by the mobile app. We’ve also made some improvements to the security of the iOS app.
Add bank and credit card feeds
With the latest update, you can now connect to a new bank or credit card feed from the mobile app! Once connected, you can then download your transactions for review and reconciliation.
- Tap and then Banking.
- Tap the icon.
- You can then either search for your bank, or if it’s a popular bank, tap the name in the list. If it’s a non-Australian bank, slide the global search button ‘on’ before searching.
- Tap your bank’s name to go to the bank’s sign-in screen.
- Sign in and follow the steps to select an account to connect to, then add or select a QuickBooks Online account to integrate with your bank account.
Switch companies without needing to log out
If you have more than one company, here’s how to switch between them:
- Tap then Settings and then Switch Company.
- Tap a different company.
Sign-in security improvements
We added enhanced multi-factor authentication (MFA) security to protect your account and data.
When you sign in, you’ll be prompted to confirm your identity using a code you receive via SMS or email. Once QuickBooks Online validates the code, you can successfully sign in on your iPhone or iPad.
- On the Home page, enter your user ID and password.
- If prompted, tap the “I’m not a robot” checkbox.
- If prompted, answer additional challenge questions and tap Verify.
- Select where to receive your verification code (by text, email, etc.).
- Enter your verification code. QuickBooks Online will begin loading your data.
Touch ID and PIN improvements
You can sign in to QuickBooks Online quickly and securely using a PIN or Touch ID instead of entering your username and password.
If your device doesn’t support Touch ID, you’ll just see the App PIN option.
- Tap then Settings, Account and then Touch ID and App PIN.
- Tap the Touch ID button to turn it on.
- When prompted, place your thumb on your device’s Home button to register your fingerprint.
- Return to the Touch ID and App PIN screen, tap the App PIN button to turn it on, and enter your four-digit PIN.
- Now when you want to sign in to QuickBooks Online, just enter your PIN or use your fingerprint.
Web access to items not supported in the mobile app
When you tap a transaction that contains items not supported in the app (such as billable expenses, time billing and bundles), you can choose to preview, email and/or print those transactions. Alternatively, click a link that takes you directly to QuickBooks Online on your browser for easy viewing and editing of the transaction.
- On the Company Activity page, tap the transaction containing unsupported items you wish to view/edit.
- Tap Edit on web to open the transaction directly in QuickBooks Online on your browser.
- Pinch or zoom to access all parts of the transaction, and edit if required.
- Tap the Back button twice to return to the QuickBooks Online mobile app.
Contact support, Send feedback and access FAQs
You can contact support, send feedback about the app and access our FAQs right from the app!
Tap then Help & Feedback, and then tap:
- By Email: To send a support query to the team.
- App Feedback: To send a comment or suggestion. Include your email address and/or phone number, then tap Send.
- Frequently Asked Questions: To open the FAQ.
To read more articles related to product updates, visit here.