At Intuit QuickBooks Online, we listen to our customers and try to give you the best experience with our product. We’ve heard you loud and clear and have updated the software with new features including:
- Improved bank feed functions
- Subtotal calculations on invoices and quotes and a process for grouping products on the same invoice or quote
- Phone number search function for customers and suppliers
Bank Feed Improvements
We’ve improved the bank feed function with some great features. The list of bank accounts from the home page can now be moved up and down to see them at a glance, and the defaults have been changed in the cog wheel when in the Banking window. Take note of these as well as some new options to add to the banking description.
- Reorder the bank accounts on the Home page and Bank accounts page:
- From the Home page left-side navigation bar, click the pencil icon next to the Bank Accounts heading and summary of your accounts
- In your list of Bank accounts, drag up or down to suit your preference
- Click Save
4. Once the changes have been made on the Home page, the list of bank accounts will be the same on the Banking screen
- Bank details are copied to the Memo field by default:
- From the cog wheel on the Banking screen, the Copy bank detail to memo box is now automatically checked
- This will automatically appear in the memo field
- Directly add a Sales Receipt when setting up bank rules. Previously there was only a Deposit and Transfer choice from the drop-down menu
- From the drop-down menu under Transaction type, we can now choose Sales Receipt
- Bank details are now shown in your columns:
- Column in the Banking window defaults to Description
- Tick on the Show bank details from the cog wheel
- Bank detail column will appear with more detail to help with categorising the transaction, as can be seen in both examples below for 12/07 Woolworths supermarket
The way you organise and calculate your invoices and quotes has become much easier. The subtotal can now be shown in between different products and services, meaning you don’t need to drag out your calculator and manually work out the calculation.
Group headings in between different Products can also be added. This is a useful feature if you have multiple groups on the same quote or invoice.
Set the group headings:
- Description column: add the name of the Description required for the group, for example Shoes–Pumps and Shoes–Stilettos as below
- Choose the products required from your Products/services list in QuickBooks Online. Create a subtotal when required by clicking Add subtotal in the last row. This will give you a calculated Subtotal under each group. You can add as many subtotals as you like in between groups
- The overall Subtotal of the quote will be calculated
- The overall Total of the quote or invoice will be calculated including any discounts and GST
- The product groups will also appear on the quote or invoice when you email it to the customer
Searching by Phone Number
- The ability to search via phone for both Customers and Suppliers is now available. See 1 and 2 below
These extra features are all built to make your life easier. Intuit QuickBooks Online prides itself on creating a streamlined and efficient product for our customers, so remember to keep an eye out for new updates and features.