Did you know you can access your QuickBooks Self-Employed account on any device? Get tax time ready with the same great features you already use on mobile plus a few new ones when you access on a web browser. These include:
- Categorise trips in a few clicks
- Sort transactions in seconds
- Add GST to multiple transactions at once
- Share receipts with your accountant
Sign in to get started.
How to categorise trips in a few clicks
If you’ve been tracking your mileage on the QuickBooks Self-Employed app you can categorise your trips in a couple of clicks. Here’s how:
- Sign in and head to the Trips tab
- If you haven’t added a vehicle you can do this by selecting Add Vehicle in the drop down arrow next to Add trip
- Click the Business or Personal button next to the trip you want to categorise
- If you categorise a trip as Business, select the correct vehicle from the drop down, enter the trip purpose and select save
How to sort transactions in seconds
- Sign in and select the Transactions tab to see all of your bank transactions
- Select the expenses you want to categorise with theleft hand check boxes
- Click the Business or Personal button in the black bar that appears above your transaction list
- If you categorise an expense as Business, the most likely category will appear in the category column. To select another category, click the category name of an individual transaction or use the left hand check boxes and top black bar to re-categorise multiple transactions at once.
How to add GST to multiple transactions at once
- Sign in and the Transactions tab
- To apply GST to multiple transactions at once select the expenses with the left hand check boxes and select apply 10% GST in the black bar that appears at the top
How to share receipts with your accountant
- Sign in and click the Reports tab
- Find Receipts, select the tax year
- View the report or print, download or email the report to yourself or your accountant.