Here’s what’s new in QuickBooks for iPhone/iPad 4.5!
Add bank and credit card feeds
You can now connect to new bank and credit cards feeds from the QuickBooks Online mobile app, and then download your transactions to review and reconcile.
- Tap > Banking.
- Tap .
- You can search for your bank’s name, or if it’s a popular bank, tap the name in the list. If it’s a global bank, slide the global search button on before you search.
- Tap your bank’s name to go to the bank’s sign-in screen.
- Sign in and follow the steps to select an account to connect, then add or select a QuickBooks account the bank account should map to.
Switch companies without signing out
If you have more than one company, here’s how to switch between them:
- Tap > Settings > Switch Company.
- Tap a different company.
Sign in security improvements
We added enhanced multi-factor authentication (MFA1) security to protect your account and data.
When you sign in, you’ll confirm your identity using a code you received by text message, email, phone, or Google Authenticator. Once QuickBooks validates the code, you can successfully sign in to QuickBooks on your iPhone or iPad.
- On the Home page, enter your User ID and Password.
- If prompted, tap the “I’m not a robot” checkbox.
- If prompted, answer additional challenge questions and tap Verify.
- Select where to receive your verification code (by text, email, etc.).
- Enter your verification code. QuickBooks begins loading your data.
Touch ID and PIN improvements
You can sign in to QuickBooks quickly and securely using a PIN or Touch ID instead of entering your username and password.
If your device doesn’t support Touch ID, you’ll just see the App PIN option.
- Tap > Settings > Account > Touch ID and App PIN.
- Tap the Touch ID button to turn it on.
- When prompted, place your finger on your device’s Home button to register your fingerprint.
- Return to the Touch ID and App PIN screen, tap the App PIN button to turn it on, and enter your 4-digit PIN.
- Now when you want to sign in to QuickBooks, just tap your PIN or use your fingerprint.
Web access to items not supported in the mobile app
When you tap a transaction that contains items not supported in the app (like billable expenses, time charges, and bundles), you can preview, email, and print those transactions. Or, click a link that takes you directly to QuickBooks Online on the web for convenient viewing and editing.
- On the Company Activity page, tap the transaction containing unsupported items.
- Tap Edit on web to open the transaction directly in QuickBooks Online on the web.
- Pinch or zoom to access all parts of the transaction, and edit if desired.
- Tap the Back button twice to return to the QuickBooks mobile app.
Contact support, send feedback, access FAQs
You can contact support, send feedback about the app, and access our FAQs right from the app!
Tap > Help & Feedback, and then tap:
- By Phone (if applicable) to call support. Some locales also have the option to contact support by email, and/or phone.
- App Feedback, type a comment or suggestion, include your email address and/or phone number, and tap Send.
- Frequently Asked Questions to open the FAQ.
- For more information about MFA, see this article.
- For comprehensive QuickBooks iOS information, see the following FAQs: iPad | iPhone
- Missed an iOS update? Catch up at our QuickBooks iOS archive.
Get QuickBooks iPhone / iPad
Get the latest update at the Apple iTunes Store:
The app is free with your QuickBooks Online subscription. Just sign in and go!