Here’s our QuickBooks Online U.S. update for June. Thanks, as always, for your feedback!
Improvements to attachments1
- Attach files to customers and vendors. Aside from invoices and expense transactions, you can now attach files to customer and vendors to keep track of important financial information. Examples of attachments include 1099 documents, photos, receipts, and contracts!
For customers, click Customers > select a customer > Customer Details (shown below).
For vendors, click Vendors > select a vendor > Vendor Details.
- Show/hide the Attachments column on customer/vendor transaction lists. Just like on the Expense Transactions list, you can show/hide the Attachments column on individual customer/vendor and sales transaction lists.
For sales transactions, click Transactions > Sales > table gear > Show More > Attachments (shown below).
For customers/vendors, click Customers/Vendors > select a customer/vendor > Transaction List > table gear > Show More > Attachments.
- Automatically copy an estimate to a purchase order. No more manually creating a purchase order from an estimate!
First, click Gear > Account and Settings > Expenses > Copy estimates to purchase orders.
Second, create an estimate and save it by clicking Create (+) > Estimate > Save.
Lastly, click ▼ to the right of Copy to invoice > Copy to purchase order.
- In case you’re new to attachments, here’s our archive on attachments.
- To try updates using sample data, check out the QuickBooks Online test drive.
- Missed any recent QuickBooks Online updates? See our release notes archive.
One more thing: do you reconcile QuickBooks accounts?
The QuickBooks Online team is looking for feedback on account reconciliation. If you’re interested, please give us your feedback in this quick survey!
Report an issue or suggestion
Leave feedback by clicking the Gear icon in QuickBooks, and then click Feedback. This is the official way to get your ideas recorded and worked on! Learn more
Get technical support
While we would love to answer all your questions, the blog isn’t managed by customer care staff (only a lone blogger). Your fastest options to get technical support are listed on our Links page, under “Get help and give feedback.”