2018-03-27 07:43:16 Running a Business English Learn about the government's Registration of Canadians Abroad program, find out how to register, and review how this program helps to keep... https://quickbooks.intuit.com/ca/resources/ca_qrc/uploads/2018/03/Woman-Signing-Up-Abroad-Service.jpg https://quickbooks.intuit.com/ca/resources/business/canadians-abroad-foreign-travel/ Sign Up for the Registration of Canadians Abroad Service Before Foreign Business Travel

Sign Up for the Registration of Canadians Abroad Service Before Foreign Business Travel

1 min read

Planning to cross the border for your next business trip? Whether you’re jetting to Europe, finalizing a deal in the Middle East, just heading south into the United States, or doing any other international travelling, you may want to check out the government’s Registration of Canadians Abroad. If you register for this service, the Canadian government will notify you if there’s a risk of civil unrest or natural disaster in the country you are visiting. Additionally, the service notifies you of emergencies at home.

Before your trip, you can register online, or once you’re on the road, you can register in person at any Canadian office that provides consular services in the country where you are travelling. In some cases, you can also register at Australian and Swedish offices that have agreed to provide consular services to Canadians. To ensure the government can find you, you may want to leave a detailed copy of your itinerary with your business associates or family. That schedule should include the places you plan to visit as well as the names of the hotels or other accommodations where you plan to stay.

Travelling for business can be exciting but also stressful, and that’s enhanced when you travel internationally. You have to navigate a new place, potentially deal with language barriers, and track your travel expenses. While this program doesn’t help with those issues, it does give you some extra peace of mind. You can rest assured that if anything serious is about to happen, the government will let you know so you can get back to safety.

Information may be abridged and therefore incomplete. This document/information does not constitute, and should not be considered a substitute for, legal or financial advice. Each financial situation is different, the advice provided is intended to be general. Please contact your financial or legal advisors for information specific to your situation.

Related Articles

Guide to Registering Your Self Employed Business in Canada

If you’re a self-employed business owner in Canada, you’re legally required to…

Read more

Freelancer Tips for Protecting Your Intellectual Property

Intellectual property takes on many forms: words, images, sounds, industrial designs and…

Read more

How to Design Signage for a Coffee Shop or Cafe

When you’re operating a small business as cozy and intimate as a…

Read more