A mobile app may be a great idea for your small business. General steps to have one created include:
- Hire a developer. There are dozens of sites online to hire freelance developers, locally and abroad.
- Choose whether the app’s platform is Android, iPhone or both.
- Storyboard the app. A storyboard is a visual representation of what the app looks like, screen by screen.
- Have a crystal-clear description of what each screen on your app does. This is very important for the developer.
- Be ready for a few back-and-forth discussions to develop the app. You probably won’t be perfectly happy with the first minimum viable product that the developer presents to you.
- Have a clear time and dollar budget communicated up front to prevent surprises. Apps take time and money to create.