Being an entrepreneur comes with many perks and many responsibilities. Fortunately, you have many technology solutions at your fingertips to improve how you manage your small business and serve your clients. Technology impacts the way entrepreneurs operate their companies and empowers their growth. One of these technology solutions, the e-commerce platform Shopify, stands out due to how it simplifies management of your business’ online sales.
Benefits of Using Shopify
In an ever-connected world, it’s crucial to build an online presence for your business. Without it, you may miss out on immeasurable opportunities for new customers and sales. Whether you’re just starting a retail business or expanding a retail business to online sales, you can make the transition easier by using the Canadian startup Shopify. It provides business tools to easily set up an online store and sell products, almost immediately, with simple e-commerce store setup. This means you get an instant online store with your own custom domain name to take the work out of setting up an online shop. This proves a much faster way to get your e-commerce store up and running compared to building the online store yourself.
Shopify offers more than just a sales platform. It gives you a host of tools that make running your online store easier. It lets you accept orders in seconds, generate insights and reports about your business, seamlessly add e-commerce to your existing website, and even manage all aspects of your business through a smartphone. Using Shopify can help increase your cash flow and manage your sales quickly and easily — and with fewer headaches. This allows you to focus more attention on your customers so you give them the best service possible.
Other perks of Shopify include:
- Secure, reliable platform for handling sales
- Shopify-managed software and hosting to eliminate tech issues
- Customer support to help you if issues arise
- Unified platform to keep all your sales information in one spot
- Unlimited bandwidth
Features of Shopify
Businesses of all sizes can benefit from the features Shopify offers. These tools make it easier to manage your business with less administrative work on your end. Some of the features include:
- Integrated credit card payment and 100 external payment gateway options
- Mobile-compatible platform
- Customization with themes, domain names, and blogging platforms
- Full access to HTML and CSS
- Automatic tax calculation based on your location
- Abandoned cart feature that emails customers who don’t complete a purchase
- Store management options, including customer profiles, management from your smartphone, and email templates
- Inventory management tools and the ability to organize your products into groups
- Built-in analytics to look at your sales and traffic with the option to export reports
- Mobile app
Shopify’s QuickBooks Integration
The option to integrate with QuickBooks Online provides a very important perk for Shopify entrepeneurs. The Shopify QuickBooks integration lets you automatically export your orders from Shopify into your QuickBooks account. This allows seamless tracking and reporting of all transactions from the point-of-sale through filing taxes, helping to alleviate the financial pressures of small business ownership. When you use the two programs together, you ensure your accounting system automatically receives information on revenue and taxes collected. This saves you lots of time by eliminating the need to manually enter all your sales. You can also generate reports that show summaries of your sales in QuickBooks to keep on top of your business.
Using QuickBooks Online and leveraging the app ecosystem changes how your business operates. With this real-time financial information, you can make the best decisions for your small business and streamline your processes to work more efficiently. QuickBooks Online can help you get paid faster. Start accepting online payments today with QuickBooks.