Crowdfunding sites, such as Kickstarter and Indiegogo, offer platforms where you can raise money for your small business through video. Some key things to consider when creating an effective campaign video are:
- Quality counts: Successful campaigns don’t skimp on audio, video or editing quality.
- Practice: Don’t wing it. Make sure to script the video and shoot multiple times.
- Briefly mention rewards: Don’t spend the entire video summarizing every reward you have. The main content of the video should be your product demonstration.
- Keep it short: Only a few minutes are necessary. Keep your video short and simple to maintain the viewers’ attention.
- Ask: You are there to raise money. Don’t forget to ask the user to help you fund your campaign.