Oftentimes, a small business owner needs to send a customer, employee, vendor, or prospect a large electronic file. Many small business owners use a free email service, such as Google’s Gmail, but the problem is there is a 25 megabyte attachment limit. To send much larger files for free or low cost, do the following:
- Open a free or paid Dropbox account at Dropbox.com.
- Compress the file you want to share, making it a .zip.
- Upload this file to your Dropbox “Public” folder.
- Copy the file’s unique link and send it to whomever you need.
- People can then download the file directly from the link.
Files sizes on Dropbox can be up to 20 gigabytes, which is usually much larger than most people need.