Receipts created in word processing software and those generated with accounting software contain similar information. Follow these steps to create a receipt of payment using word processing software.
- Enter the date of the sale in the upper right hand corner of the document.
- Include the customer’s name and address on the receipt if required.
- Next, use your software’s table creation tool to create a table. The table should have as many lines as items purchased.
- Enter the quantity of the products or services purchased, as well as the product numbers and prices. Each item or service purchased should have its own line on the receipt.
- Calculate the cost of all items purchased and enter this number, the subtotal, below the items purchased.
- Add any fees and taxes to the subtotal for a total cost of sale, and print the receipt.