Online marketing has largely transformed from business-to-customer to business-to-influencer-to-customer, making blog promotion a great way for your company’s brand to expand its reach within your niche audience. After all, eight out of ten people trust advice and information they receive from bloggers. Here are the steps to identifying the right blogs, getting in contact with them, and securing promotions for your small business.
Recognize Influential Bloggers
First, you need to create a list of niche bloggers within your industry that you’d love to build a relationship with and tap into their networks. Your initial set of entries should be blogs that you read or refer to daily. For example, if your product is low-carb cookbooks, then blogs such as Smitten Kitchen and Simply Recipes would probably be the first group of blogs on your list.
After adding obvious blogs from your memory, conduct some research on blogs that may not yet be on your radar. Some fantastic search tools to use are AllTop, Technorati, FollowerWonk, and of course, Google. Google search is an excellent place to look for influential blogs because blogs that are showing up in searches are considered to be authoritative in the eyes of Google. Landing a link from a niche blog that is well-ranked on Google should provide a boost to search engine traffic to your own website.
Get In Touch
Identifying the writer of a blog is fairly easy and can usually be accomplished by checking out the blog’s about page. However, finding the blogger’s contact information can be much trickier. First, try to locate their email address. Next, see if they have a contact form on their website. If you cannot find that, employ the following three strategies:
- Leave a comment. Writing insightful comments is an excellent way to warm up your targeted blogger. Make sure that your comments bring value to the conversation by adding a new perspective or angle on the blogger’s post.
- Share their content. Many bloggers watch their social media mentions with a keen eye. By sharing their content on a regular basis, they should start to take notice of you.
- Identify broken links. No serious blogger likes broken links on their site.
By utilizing the Google Chrome extension, Check My Links, you can find these links in a breeze. Once identified, make sure to notify the blog’s author via email.
Secure Product Promotion
After you have contacted your targeted bloggers, the next step is to get them interested in your product:
- Ask to be a guest author. Send them an email with three pitches on articles you wish to write for their blog, along with a couple of links to articles or posts that you have recently published.
- Request a product review. Often bloggers are sent complimentary items, such as fashion apparel, with no strings attached to see if the product sparks an exciting post.
- Arrange an event for local bloggers. This gives your product promotion campaign a human approach and personal touch which stands out in the digital world we live in. ?li>