Giving employees feedback can be uncomfortable, especially if one has retractable Adamantium claws. However, regular feedback, including 6-month reviews can keep the beast in check.
To make sure employees understand what’s expected of them, JuvodHR bases performance reviews on valid job descriptions, which include two components: Tasks and Work Styles – characteristics necessary for success. With a job database of more than 1,000 customized job descriptions and over 13,000 alternate titles, it’s easy to create the perfect job description for any situation.
Take a look at Wolverine’s job description.
Job Description – Wolverine
Job Summary –
Use animal-keen senses to track and defeat enemies. Work independently or as part of a team.
Tasks and Responsibilities –
- Coordinate with other superheroes to achieve goals.
- Use bone claws as needed to defend self and others.
- Track and defeat enemies.
- Prevent extinction of your species by any means necessary. May involve time travel.
Work Styles –
- Cooperation: Job requires working or acting together as a member of a team for a common purpose or benefit.
- Persistence: Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Initiative: Job requires a willingness to personally take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Dependability: Job requires having excellent attendance, being reliable, responsible, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail: Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Self Control: Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Stress Tolerance: Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Integrity: Job requires consistency of actions, methods, principles, expectations, and outcomes.
Using the job description, Wolverine is first rated on tasks. Rating couldn’t be easier using JuvodHR’s slider system.
Next Work Styles are reviewed. Work Styles are grouped together so they can be rated at the same time.
The first box shows two of Wolverine’s Work Styles: ‘Stress Tolerance’ (Stressed vs. Calm) and ‘Integrity’ (Low Integrity vs. High Integrity). In the second box, there are ratings for ‘Attention to Detail’ (Imprecise vs. Precise) and ‘Self Control’ (Temperamental vs. Composed).
After ratings are provided for all eight Work Styles, JuvodHR suggests comments to support the ratings.
You can also add your own comments for tasks and Work Styles.
Each employee receives an overall rating on a 1-7 scale. Wolverine’s overall score was 4.8; a score ranging from 4 – 6 “Meets Expectations” so Wolverine is an effective performer.
JuvodHR generates a professional report for the employee (without the score). Wolverine’s report is provided at the end of the post.
You’ll be sure to provide sharp performance reviews with JuvodHR.
Next week we stack rank our four superheroes and review JuvodHR reports.