An effective business sign looks great, delivers all of the right information, and doesn’t have to cost your company a fortune. Follow these simple steps to make your own sign, and put your company in the spotlight.
- Consider the location. Whether you’re making a sign for a new retail storefront or promoting your home-based accounting business, start by measuring the available space.
- Check applicable ordinances. Zoning regulations, city ordinances, and shopping center rules may govern the sizes and types of signage allowed, depending on your location.
- Brainstorm design elements. Create a sketch with space for your logo, contact information, and other details such as a web address or promotional code.
- Gather supplies. A vinyl cutter quickly pays for itself. Sign blanks and frames are also useful.
- Try out sign-making software. Programs such as EasySIGN and SignGo simplify the sign-making process.