Adobe Photoshop is the world’s leading photograph editing software. You can use Photoshop to adjust a photograph for your website or advertising materials. Below are the general steps to take to process an image:
- Crop, align, flip and rotate the image as needed.
- Resize the image as needed.
- Add alpha channels for image transparency.
- Adjust colors and/or make black and white.
- Remove minor blemishes or flaws on the product or model.
- Remove unwanted reflections or shadows.
- Adjust the effect of lighting to brighten, darken or highlight certain areas.
- Add text when and where appropriate.
Free video tutorials for all of these steps are easy to find online.