Twitter has a strict, 140-character limit per tweet, so it is important to use the space wisely. The character restriction sometimes puts businesses in a bind, especially when the goal is to post tweets that get clicks. If you have an exceptionally long link to share, use Google’s link shortener tool, Goo.gl, to shorten the link and free up space for your call-to-action.
- Log in to your Google account. When you’re logged into your Google account, Goo.gl saves your shortened links for future use.
- Copy the link you want to shorten.
- Visit the website Goo.gl.
- Paste the link in the field provided at the top of the web page.
- Click “Shorten URL.”
- Copy the shortened URL and paste it in your tweet.