As an accounting professional investing in your professional development is vital to your business. This May, invest in yourself and your business by attending QuickBooks Get Connected—a conference that brings together accounting professionals and industry experts for a day of learning and networking. Last year’s Get Connected events sold out—here’s why Canadian accountants and bookkeepers rave about the conference.
- Earn CPD credits through educational breakout sessions.
Educating yourself on best practices helps you to stay compliant and nurture your client base. This year’s conference features a range of educational breakout sessions on topics like ‘Key Apps for Optimizing Your Practice’ and ‘Productivity Tips for QBO& QBOA.’ By attending workshops, you can earn up to nine continuing professional development (CPD) credits. These workshops will arm you with actionable takeaways to use QuickBooks more efficiently. “The sessions helped me grow my business and gave me tips to use QuickBooks Online (QBO) like a pro,” says an attendee from the 2018 Get Connected Calgary conference. Using QuickBooks Online effectively could save your business several hours of work each month. You’ll walk away from the conference with new knowledge on how to master the QBO software. “I gained so much knowledge about QBO and learned about other useful apps that I had no idea about,” says another 2018 Calgary attendee.
- Hear insights from industry leaders
Learning from experts in your field allows you to stand on the shoulders of giants. Past attendees say the keynote talks were empowering and educational. “The breakout sessions were very informative and engaging. I also loved listening to all the speakers on the main stage. I walked away [from the conference] feeling refreshed and very inspired!” says a participant from last year’s event. This year’s conferences features informative lessons from leading accounting professionals, such as:
- Jason Hastie, Founder, and CEO, TenjaGo. Jason is a multifaceted CPA and leader in Alberta’s business community. He holds a Bachelor of Commerce and Master of Professional Accounting from the University of Saskatchewan. For over 15 years, Jason has conducted small business accounting. His FinTech company TenjaGo helps Canada businesses improve their accounting processes and grow their companies to levels they’ve never dreamed of.
- Tanis Young, Owner of Maven Bookkeeping Inc. Tanis is the founder of Alberta-based firm Maven Bookkeeping. She is also a Certified Professional Bookkeeper, Certified Financial Planner, and ProAdvisor for QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online. From coast-to-coast Tanis has educated accountants, bookkeepers, and small business owners on how to master cloud accounting.
- Bob Wang, crtl Leader of BC Region, ctrl by Deloitte. In 2015, Bob founded the accounting firm Legacy Advantage with a simple goal — creating an accessible and trustworthy firm. Within two years, he scaled his firm to generate more than $1 million in revenue. He’ll share his learnings at Get Connected 2019.
- Network with other accounting professionals.
Forge new connections with accountants, bookkeepers, and other industry experts in your region, and beyond. Then tap the day of learning off with a fun evening of great food and entertainment.
- Get inspired by our keynote speakers like Vikram Vij and Shawn Kanungo.
You may know acclaimed entrepreneur Vikram Vij from Top Chef Canada or CBC’s Dragon’s Den. The esteemed celebrity chef is an exemplar on how to market, diversify and grow your business.
Vikram opened his first restaurant, Vij’s Restaurant in 1994. Today, the restaurant has won accolades from publications like the New York Times and is known as one of the finest Indian restaurants in the world. Since starting Vij’s, Vikram has expanded his culinary empire. He currently owns a collection of three gourmet restaurants and a line of frozen gourmet curries based on popular recipes from Vij’s Restaurant. His work as a restauranteur and entrepreneur has won him numerous awards, including the 2015 Chef of the Year award by Vancouver Magazine’s and the Surrey’s Board of Trade’s Business Person of the Year award (2014). Vikram’s keynote on business and entrepreneurship will delight and inspire.
If you attend Get Connected Edmonton, you’ll hear insights from renowned strategist, Shawn Kanungo. Kanungo is an acclaimed disruption strategist, speaker and innovator. Around the world he is recognized for his work in the innovation sphere. During his 12-year tenure at Deloitte, he helped corporate execs successfully
recalibrate their businesses to handle disruption.
Now as general partner of Queen&Rock Capital he helps private and public sector organizations optimize their businesses for the digital age. Shawn has been named as a business leader to watch on Avenue Magazine’s Top 40 Under 40 list, and in 2018 he was named one of Inc’s 100 Most Innovative Leadership Speakers.
For more on this year’s keynote speakers, visit the Get Connected website.
Get Connected 2019 Details
Don’t miss this opportunity to invest in your professional development. To register for this conference visit the Get Connected Vancouver or Edmonton website, and for a limited time use the code CELEBRATE for 20% off registration.
Vancouver: AMS Student Nest 6133 University Blvd, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1
Edmonton: EXPO Centre 7515 118 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T5B 0J2
May 27, 2019, in Edmonton.
May 14, 2019, in Vancouver.