QuickBooks Online Accountant Release Notes
October 24, 2019
Business Performance Dashboard
You can now get a quick snapshot into your client’s financials to gain instant insights resulting in advisory conversations:
- The Key Metrics section displays 5 key performance metrics that every business should be watching to maximize profitability (Income, Cost of goods sold, Gross profit, Expenses, Net profit)
- The Trends section has 8 visual graphs that show the changes in various key metrics and ratios over time and include: Gross profit margin, Net profit margin, Income, Expenses, Accounts payable days, Accounts receivable days, Current ratio and Quick ratio
You can access it by clicking on your client in QuickBooks, hit the Overview button on the left navigation and you’ll see the Business Performance tab.
Receipt Capture in QuickBooks
Customers save time and stress less as the receipt capture automatically pulls data from a picture of the receipt and inputs it into QuickBooks. Learn More
New Receipts Tab under Banking:
Mileage Tracker in QuickBooks
You can now track mileage from a mobile device and quickly swipe to determine whether the trip is business or personal
July 24, 2019
7 new T2 forms in Pro Tax
T1141Supp – Information Return in Respect of Transfers or Loans to a Non-Resident Trust
T1141Summ – Information Return in Respect of Transfers or Loans to a Non-Resident Trust
T1142Supp – Information Return in Respect of Distributions from and Indebtedness to a Non-Resident Trust
T1142Summ – Information Return in Respect of Distributions from and Indebtedness to a Non-Resident Trust
S19 – Non-Resident Shareholder Information
S404 – Saskatchewan Manufacturing and Processing Profits Tax Reduction
T1044 – Non-Profit Organization (NPO) Information Return
July 13, 2019
Share returns in Pro Tax
Share the return from the Return Actions menu in Pro Tax T2.
8 new T2 forms in Pro Tax
- S381 – Manitoba Manufacturing Investment Tax Credit
S385 – Manitoba Odour-Control Tax Credit
S390 – Manitoba Cooperative Development Tax Credit
S22 – Non-Resident Discretionary Trust
S29 – Payments to Non-Residents
S97 – Additional Information On Non-Resident Corporations In Canada
S341 – Nova Scotia Corporate Tax Reduction for New Small Businesses
S440 – Yukon Manufacturing and Processing Profits Tax Credit
June 28, 2019
Workpapers for Your Books
Prepare year-ends with Workpapers in QuickBooks Online Accountant. Make adjusting entries and map GIFI codes to accounts with ease. Access Workpapers from the accountant toolbox menu at the top of QuickBooks Online Accountant after clicking into Your Books.
June 27, 2019
47 new forms in Pro Tax T2
- S89 (CDA) – Capital dividends account
- Political – Political contributions
- RC59X – Cancel Business Consent or Delegated Authority
- RC59XEFILE – Cancel authorization – signature page
- RC59EFILE – Authorization request – signature page
- RC59 – Business Consent Form
- S16 – Patronage Dividend Deduction
- S17 – Credit Union Deductions
- S18 – Federal and Provincial or Territorial Capital Gains Refund
- S91 – Information Concerning Claims for Treaty-Based Exemptions
- T1135 – Foreign Income Verification Statement
- T2002 – Election, or Revocation of an Election, Not to Be a Canadian-Controlled Private Corporation
- T2054 – Election for a Capital Dividend Under Subsection 83(2)
- T2055 – Election in respect of a Capital Gains Dividend Under Subsection 131(1)
- AS15 – Alberta Resource Related Deductions
- AS15Supp – Alberta resource profits
- S12 – Resource-Related Deductions
- S12Adjust – Resource adjustments
- S12Profits – Resource profits
- S308 – Newfoundland and Labrador Venture Capital Tax Credit
- S31 – Investment Tax Credit – Corporations
- S31Supp – Investment tax credit supplementary
- S321 – PEI Corporate Investment Tax Credit
- S388 – Manitoba Film and Video Production Tax Credit
- S392 – Manitoba Data Processing Centre Investment Tax Credit
- S393 – Manitoba Nutrient Management Tax Credit
- S402 – Saskatchewan Manufacturing and Processing Investment Tax Credit
- S421 – British Columbia Mining Exploration Tax Credit
- S422/T1196 – British Columbia Film and Television Tax Credit
- S423/T1197 – British Columbia Production Services Tax Credit
- S428 – British Columbia Training Tax Credit
- S429 – British Columbia Interactive Digital Media Tax Credit
- S430 – British Columbia Shipbuilding and Ship Repair Industry Tax Credit
- S504 – Ontario Resource Tax Credit and Ontario Additional Tax re Crown Royalties
- S548 – Corporations Information Act Annual Return for Foreign Business Corporations
- S394 – Manitoba Rental Housing Construction Tax Credit
- S367 – New Brunswick Small Business Investor Tax Credit
- S387 – Manitoba Small Business Venture Capital Tax Credit
- AS14 – Alberta Cumulative Eligible Capital Deduction
- AS14Supp – Alberta Cumulative Eligible Capital Deduction, Supplemental Worksheet
- AS17 – Alberta Reserves
- AS2 – Alberta Income Allocation Factor
- AS4 – Alberta Foreign Investment Income Tax Credit
- S303 – Newfoundland and Labrador Direct Equity Tax Credit
- S384 – Manitoba Co-op Education and Apprenticeship Tax Credit
- S394 – Manitoba Rental Housing Construction Tax Credit
June 20, 2019
Reclassify transactions page refresh
Enhanced the Reclassify transactions page with a beautiful new interface. Now you can bulk reclassify transactions by tax code.
June 4, 2019
Print Client Overview
Option to print the Client Overview page in QuickBooks Online for record keeping or sharing with clients.
June 3, 2019
Updates to the Chart of Accounts
- Update the tax code for multiple accounts.
- Import a chart of accounts with a tax code field.
May 29, 2019
Create clients in Pro Tax T2
Use the + Add new button when creating a return to add a client into Pro Tax T2. Clients can be created without a QuickBooks Online subscription, and are then saved to the QuickBooks Online Accountant client list.
May 28, 2019
Workforce in QuickBooks Online Payroll
Provide employees with access to their payroll details with the new Workforce. Employees can access pay stubs, and see insights into vacation information.
May 9, 2019
New Alberta corporate filing workflow in Pro Tax T2
Returns remain unlocked until both provincial and federal components are filed.
May 2, 2019
GIFI import in Pro Tax T2
Upload GIFI files into Pro Tax T2 and instantly map your client’s data to the S100 and S125.
24 new T2 forms in Pro Tax T2
- S10 – Cumulative Eligible Capital Deduction
- S21 – Federal and Provincial or Territorial Foreign Income Tax Credits and Federal Logging Tax Credit
- S21P – Provincial or territorial foreign tax credits
- S25 – Investment in Foreign Affiliates
- S27 – Calculation of Canadian Manufacturing and Processing Profits Deduction
- S28 – Election not to be an Associated Corporation
- S44 – Non-Arm’s Length Transactions
- T1131 (S47) – Canadian Film or Video Production Tax Credit
- S71 – Income Inclusion for Corporations That Are Members of Single-tier Partnerships
- S72 – Income Inclusion for Corporations That Are Members of Multi-tier Partnerships
- S54 – Low Rate Income Pool (LRIP) Calculation
- S54Supp – Worksheet for amalgamation and wind-up adjustments
- S73 – Income Inclusion Summary for Corporations that are Members of Partnerships
- T1177 (S48) – Film or Video Production Services Tax Credit
- S502 – Ontario Tax Credit for Manufacturing and Processing
- S506 – Ontario Transitional Tax Debits and Credits
- S511 – Ontario Corporate Minimum Tax – Total Assets and Revenue for Associated Corporations
- S525 – Ontario Political Contributions Tax Credit
- S554 – Ontario Computer Animation and Special Effects Tax Credit
- S556 – Ontario Film and Television Tax Credit
- S558 – Ontario Production Services Tax Credit
- S560 – Ontario Interactive Digital Media Tax Credit
- S562 – Ontario Sound Recording Tax Credit
- S563 – Ontario Book Publishing Tax Credit
March 25, 2019
Transaction Detail by Tax Code Report
This report lists all the transactions that sales tax was applied to for a specific agency, and the account to which they were posted. This can help you find mistakes, like when the transactions are posted to the wrong account.
March 21, 2019
Track costs and see overall profitability by project. Integrates QuickBooks Online Payroll and TSheets to seamlessly connect labour costs to projects. Project profitability is available in QuickBooks Online Plus.
March 20 , 2019
New Pro Tax T1 forms added
Schedule 3 – Capital Gains (or Losses)
Schedule 4 – Statement of investment income, carrying charges, and interest expenses
Schedule 7 – RRSP and PRPP Unused Contributions, Transfers, and HBP or LLP Activities – Common to all
Schedule 9 – Donations and Gifts
New Pro Tax T2 forms added
RACDetails elated and Associated Corporations worksheet
RACSummary elated and Associated Corporations summary
S9 Related and Associated Corporations
S23 Agreement Among Associated CCPCs to Allocate the Business Limit
S13 Continuity of Reserves
S140 Income Statement Information (multiple S125)
S15 Deferred Income Plans
S5 Tax Calculation Supplementary – Corporations
S510 Ontario Corporate Minimum Tax
S550 Ontario Co-operative Education Tax Credit
S552 Ontario Apprenticeship Training Tax Credit
T2 Pro Tax to Pro Tax Carryforward
Carry forward a client’s prior year corporate tax return in Pro Tax T2.
Update: T2 forms
Two new sections are added in T2 to calculate “dividend refund” and “refundable dividend tax on hand (RDTOH)” for tax years that begin after 2018, reflecting 2018 Federal Budget changes.
For tax years that begin after 2018 the two new balances (eligible RDTOH and the non-eligible RDTOH, respectively) will replace the existing RDTOH balance. Similarly, the dividend refund now consists of eligible dividend refund and non-eligible refund after 2018.
Update: Schedule 3 – Dividends Received, Taxable Dividends Paid, and Part IV Tax Calculations
Part 1 to Part 3 of the Schedule 3 are updated to reflect the 2018 Federal Budget changes on RDTOH and dividend refund tax rules applicable to tax years that begin after 2018.
March 18, 2019
The all new interface makes it easier to navigate between accounts and quickly view account summaries. New pop-up messages notify of account changes while preparing the year-end.
March 14, 2019
Banking column added to client list
New ‘Banking’ column displays the number of unaccepted transactions and more information on bank feed disconnections.
March 13, 2019
Client QuickBooks Online files now load up to 20% faster in QuickBooks Online Accountant.
March 12, 2019
Send customer invoices in the language of their choice. QuickBooks Online now translates the default elements of invoices and emails into six languages. Set customer language using the new ‘Language’ tab in the customer edit window.
- – English
- – French (Canada)
- – Spanish
- – Italian
- – Portuguese (Brazil)
- – Chinese (Traditional)
March 6, 2019
T1 Auto-fill-my-return (AFR)
Populate current year data direct from the Canada Revenue Agency. Please note that Pro Tax does not support all AFR populated forms. A complete list of supported T1 forms can be found here.
T1 Express Notice of Assessment (ENOA)
Get an expedited notice of assessment within twenty-four hours or less of submitting a return.
T2 Form Updates: Capital Cost Allowance
Schedule 8 and AS13 (Alberta) have been updated to include the Accelerated Investment Incentive presented during the 2018 Federal Fall Economic Statement. This incentive will provide deduction up to three times the amount of tax depreciation that would otherwise apply.
T2 Form Updates: Ontario – Schedule 500 – Ontario Corporation Tax Calculation
On November 15, 2018, Ontario’s Minister of Finance presented the 2018 Ontario Economic Outlook and Fiscal Review. Ontario will not parallel the 2018 Federal budget measure that phases out the $500,000 small business deduction limit for CCPCs that earn between $50,000 and $150,000 of passive investment income in a taxation year, for taxation years beginning after 2018. In Schedule 500, Ontario small business deduction calculation has been updated to reflect this change.
Return Actions Menu
Easily access your return summary, efile and other actions from the new menu.
March 5, 2019
ProAdvisor points history
See earned ProAdvisor points in a historical list.
February 27, 2019
Transaction volume card in Client Overview
View data points about the volume of bank transaction, invoice, bill and bill payments. Toggle between 30, 60, 90, and 365 day reports.
February 18, 2019
Pro Tax T1 in QuickBooks Online Accountant (Beta)
Prepare and EFILE personal tax returns in Pro Tax T1, a professional tax tool built completely in the Intuit cloud. Powered by ProFile’s calculations, protected by bank-level security, and backed up daily, Pro Tax is the easiest way to bring your tax business online.
February 13, 2019
Export wholesale billing details
See historical invoices all in one place. From Your Account in QuickBooks Online Accountant, choose PDF or CSV in the Actions column to export billing details. You must be the account Master Administrator or have Full Access to export billing details.
January 24, 2019
Calendar view in Practice Management
Click on the calendar icon in the Work tab of QuickBooks Online Accountant to view your projects and tasks in a calendar view. Click any day to view tasks and owners for that day.
January 18, 2019
QuickBooks Online desktop app – View multiple accounts
Open multiple accounts in multiple windows, all at once. Have practice management open on one screen while you’re working on a client file in another. All from the QuickBooks Online desktop app.
December 14, 2018
Reimagined ProAdvisor Program
All new tiers and services based on a new points system. Redesigned product experience which includes a refreshed ProAdvisor tab and new nudges, notifications, and celebrations.
November 16, 2018
Increased user and client capacity in QuickBooks Online Accountant
A single account now supports 1,000 clients and 100 users.
November 14, 2018
Import bills and invoices from .csv
QuickBooks Online can now import bills and invoice data from uploaded csv files. Go to Settings -> Tools -> Import Data or the new ‘Import’ dropdown button on the Invoice and Expense pages.
October 25, 2018
Upload up to ten logos to QuickBooks Online and add to invoices. Save templates with unique logos.
October 24, 2018
Quickly see an overview of client books including QuickBooks setup information, banking activity, and areas requiring attention. Easily identify cleanup and accounting work required to better price services.
Access Client Overview using QuickBooks Online Accountant to see the new Overview tab in the upper left navigation of your client’s account.
October 1, 2018
Downgrade QuickBooks Online subscription
QuickBooks Online users can downgrade their subscription from Plus to Essentials from the account page. Accountants can direct their clients to this link: http://qbo.intuit.com/app/changeplan
September 26, 2018
New ProAdvisor training pages
Training and benefits split into separate pages in the ProAdvisor tab of QuickBooks Online Accountant. View and sign-up for training directly within the ProAdvisor tab.
September 24, 2018
Pro Tax T2 in QuickBooks Online Accountant
File common T2 returns directly from QuickBooks. File faster online with books-to-tax all in one place.
– Mac or PC
– Built-in auditor and e-file
– Encrypted with daily backups
– Calculations powered by ProFile
September 14, 2018
Email notifications in QBOA Work
Get updates on projects and tasks by email from Work in QuickBooks Online Accountant. Set preferences for when you want to receive notifications.
Redesigned Manage Tax rates
Easier maintenance of tax rates and settings. Click on ‘manage tax’ to see all rates and settings in one place.
August 29, 2018
Templates in QBOA Work
Now you can create projects with templates to save time and ensure consistency across your team. Choose from one of our Quickstart templates or create your own.
August 9, 2018
Progress Invoicing in QuickBooks Online Plus
Create invoices of custom, partial amounts for any project estimate, split invoice amounts, and track what has been paid and outstanding.
June 20, 2018
New client apps interface
See a high-level overview of all the apps connected to client accounts and quickly take necessary actions such as activating or disconnecting apps.
May 18, 2018
Slack integration with QBOA Work
Get Slack notifications of project updates from Work in QBOA. Slack sends notifications to client-specific channels when the following events occur:
– Project or task assigned to user
– Project or task due date, assignee, or status is changed
May 15, 2018
Practice management projects for firms
Add projects and tasks for the firm instead of a client. Perfect for internal tasks assigned to team members.
May 2, 2018
Journal entries reflected in the sales tax centre
Journal entries to sales tax accounts publish in the sales tax centre and match the Trial Balance.
April 26, 2018
Hide inactive team members
Only show active team members by un-checking the ‘include inactive’ option in the gear-icon menu.
March 19, 2018
QuickBooks Advanced Payroll available in French
Run powerful payroll workflows in QuickBooks Advanced Payroll powered by Wagepoint. Now available in French.
March 8, 2018
Add non-QBO clients
Create projects and client requests in the Work tab for QBO and non-QBO clients. Choose the new “No subscription right now” option in the Add client window.
February 22, 2018
Sales tax codes by customer
Set the tax rate by customer, overriding the product/service tax rate. This does not affect previous transactions. New column on the Customers screen: “Sales Tax”.
January 5, 2018
Sales Tax in QuickBooks Self Employed
Account for sales tax in each invoice and transaction. Understand what clients owe or are owed each quarter.
December 20, 2017
New reports in QBO EasyStart
Trial Balance and General Ledger Reports are now available for all QuickBooks Online EasyStart subscriptions.
December 13, 2017
Faster QBO Desktop App
The QuickBooks Online desktop application has been revamped for a faster, smoother experience.
Download the desktop app >
November 13, 2017
Make tax rates inactive
Use the ‘Edit Rates’ button to toggle tax rates as ‘active’ or ‘inactive’, removing the it from the tax rate drop-down menu. An inactive rate does not affect any previous transactions that used that tax rate.
More recurring project intervals
Set projects to recur in bi-weekly and quarterly intervals.
October 24, 2017
When working in multiple open windows, reports will automatically refresh to reflect changes made in other QuickBooks Online pages.
Improved Home Currency Adjustments
Redesigned and improved for more accurate home currency adjustments.
Learn more >
October 18, 2017
Clients can organize work by project, with all components in one place. Track expenses and income by project to understand profitability.
Learn more >
October 6, 2017
Recurring Projects in Work
Set projects to repeat at set intervals using the “repeat” toggle in the Work tab of QBOA. QuickBooks will copy the project and sub tasks for each recurrence.
Learn more >
September 20, 2017
Add apps for clients
Use the new Apps tab in your QBOA account to find and add apps for your clients or firm.
September 12, 2017
Sales Tax Unfiling
Roll back sales tax transactions with ease.
Learn more >
Financial Statement Ordering
Financial statements have been placed in order according to IFRS standards. Note – this change will be rolled out to QBO customers over the next couple months.
August 3, 2017
Improved Edit Client page
Updated with a cleaner and more intuitive interface on one page.
July 20, 2017
Invoice with Google Calendar
Spend less time creating invoices and get paid sooner by automatically copying data from Google Calendar
July 6, 2017
Partial Purchase Orders
Keep track of their backordered items linking only a portion of a purchase order to an expense/bill/cheque, and add multiple expenses/bills/checks to one purchase order. Also use the new Open Purchase Orders Detail report to better monitor their open purchase, and see partially received quantities / amounts.
Client Notes update
See note author, date/time stamp, historical notes, and pin important notes to the top.
Learn more >
Team member access change notifications
Team members receive an email when their client permissions are changed
Duplicate Tasks improved
If you update the duplicated project due date, associated duplicate tasks update automatically.
May 25, 2017
Create duplicate tasks in the “Work” section of QuickBooks
Improved employee time tracking
Added filters to Invoice Tracker
May 15, 2017
Run your practice from QuickBooks Online Accountant. Click on the Work tab to create projects and tasks, communicate directly with your QuickBooks Online clients, and share files all in one place.