Using a business account on Instagram for social media marketing, instead of your personal account, helps builds brand awareness, which can get you leads and sales. Follow these steps to open a business account on Instagram:
- Download the Instagram app to your smart device. Instagram features work best on mobile phones and tablets.
- Create an account using your business email address.
- Choose your account name, which should be the name of your brand or business.
- Upload a high-quality image of your brand or business to use as your Instagram profile picture.
- Complete your profile, including your business phone number to help Instagram users find you, as well as a brief bio.
- Link your other business social media accounts to Instagram. Linking your accounts allows you to cross post on other social media websites where you have accounts, such as Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr.