If you have come up with a great business idea and want to give your entrepreneurial dream a try, you can start your own small business. To start a small business in Ontario, take the following steps:
- Prepare a business plan with details of your business.
- Secure a loan or grant if you need financial assistance.
- Decide on a business structure.
- Choose a unique business name.
- Choose a location for your business.
- Obtain the appropriate permits to run your business at the location.
- Register your business name with the province of Ontario.
- Obtain a Business Number for tax and payroll purposes.