How do I pay a bill in QuickBooks using a credit card?
We get this a lot, so we decided to show you how, using QuickBooks Online. Follow below!
To record a bill payment made using a credit card, you can use the ‘Pay Bills’ or ‘Pay One Supplier’ feature. First, make sure you have the ‘Manage Bills to Pay Later’ feature turned on:
- Choose Company and then Preferences.
- On the left side, click Suppliers & Purchases.
- Make sure the Manage bills checkbox is selected
- Click Save.
Once the preference is turned on you can enter a bill and pay it by going to Pay Bills or Pay One Supplier.
Using a Credit Card:
- Choose Suppliers and then Pay Bills or Pay One Supplier.
- Use the pull-down menu Payment Account, and change it to your credit card account.
From the ‘Pay Bills’ screen:
- Select the bill you want to pay, and then click the Pay Bills button at the bottom.
From the ‘Pay One Supplier’ screen:
- Fill out the Date, Pay to the Order, Amount etc.
- Select the bill you want to pay from the list down below, and then click Save.
That’s it – easy like pie.