As a new small business owner, sending letters of appreciation can be an effective way to gain repeat business and build your brand. Follow these tips to write simple appreciation letters:
- Personalize your letter by addressing your customers by their first names, such as “Dear Anne” or “Dear George.”
- Get right to the point by saying thank you; for example, “Thank you for visiting our store,” or “Thank you for purchasing (name the item).”
- Alternatively, thank your customers for their patronage over a long period of time: “Thank you for your patronage this year.”
- End the letter by extending thanks from your entire staff: “On behalf of everyone at (name your company), we appreciate your business and look forward to serving you soon.”
- Sign off with your first name (“Sincerely, John”), which further personalizes the correspondence.