cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbiearubie
Level 1

Importing classes in quickbooks online

Hello - I have looked everywhere I can think of on how to import classes in QBO, but I can't find anything on the subject.  Does it have to entered one at a time?  Thank you.

8 Comments 8
Regina_Lend_A_Hand_Accounting
Level 9

There is not a direct import for classes into QBO. 

Angelo777
Level 1

So sad to hear that. They should have allow us to do this.

Fiat Lux - ASIA
Level 15

@Angelo777 

You may export your data out to XLS, modify the class field, and reimport back.

https:// transactionpro.grsm.io/qbo

Angelo777
Level 1

I went to Import Data but was not able to see anything related to classes. Import Data in Bank, Invoice, Customers, Vendors etc but nothing for Import classes.

Could you please let me know where to go to import classes?

Thanks

GlinetteC

Thanks for getting back to us, Angelo777.

Currently, the option to import class is unavailable in QuickBooks Online. You may consider looking for a third-party app that can integrate to QBO that lets you do this. Just go to the Apps menu or through the QuickBooks App Centre through this link: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/app/apps/home/.

I can see how additional options for importing classes would be beneficial to you and your business. For now, we'll take this as a product suggestion. QuickBooks aims to find new ways to make sure that our product meets your needs. While we haven’t added this feature yet, I'd suggest visiting the QuickBooks Blog website to stay updates on any improvements in the online version. 

Please let me know if you need anything else.

JB1234567
Level 2

why has QuickBooks not created the ability to import classes. It has been requested for 2 years and still not been done. It is a basic requirement in so many sectors.

Fiat Lux - ASIA
Level 15

@JB1234567 

You can prepare the Class data with the following template

Name
Class1
Class1:Class2
Class1:Class2:Class3
Class1:Class2:Class3:Class4
Class1:Class2:Class3:Class4:Class5
Class 6

then utilize an importer tool to proceed

https://transactionpro.grsm.io/qbo

AlcaeusF

Hi @JB1234567,

I know how beneficial being able to import most of the data into QuickBooks. Your suggestion is a great idea that would benefit a lot of users in the Online version.

As of now, there are no updates yet related to the ability you need. While we assess this, I suggest sending your feedback directly to our product engineers.

We continue providing updates to the product and consider any suggestions from QuickBooks users. You can send your ideas through these steps:

1. Click the Gear icon in the upper-right corner.
  2. Select Feedback under Profile.
  3. Share your feedback.
  4. Hit Next to submit.

There are specific transactions you can upload to QuickBooks Online. To keep you up-to-date, I recommend checking the updated list in this article: Common questions about importing data to QuickBooks Online.

Please get back to me here in the Community with any concerns about the features and uploading data. I'll be happy to help you some more. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us