cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abcbookwerks
Level 2

Non-profit year end filtered report that contains donor mailing address

I have a non-profit client that will be needing me to send out year end donation letters to all of the donors who gave $50 or more in 2018.  I am having a hard time finding/creating a report that will show all donors who gave at least $50 TOTAL for all of 2018 which also contains their mailing address for the year end report that we send them.

Has anyone ever had to do this kind of report or would know how to create it?

Thank you!

Solved
Best answer January 23, 2019

Best Answers
Melissa4
Level 2

Ok - not sure my issue is the same as yours but this is how I solved it.  I use QB Online.

In Reports:  go to Sales and Customers:  Sales by Donor Summary

Income by Donor Summary

At the top left box use the drop down to select the period of time you want

SAVE Customization once you get the report the way you want and then save it in the Custom Reports back on the Reports main screen.

Now - you should be able to see a list of your donors and the amount they gave during the time you chose.  Click the middle number "Income" and it takes me to the individual donors list.  It says Profit /Loss which doesn't thrill me since we are a church and that type of verbiage doesn't work for us. I think there is a way to change that title but I'm just happy to get our donors records. Either way you can now print the statement for that donor.  

Hope this helps.  Melissa

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

QB basically won't do it.

If you have QB Desktop you can use our BRC Donor Statements  app.

If you have QB Online you can use our  BRC Donor Statements - QB Online app.

Melissa4
Level 2

Were you able to figure this out.  There must be a way within QB without having to use an app.  I have a similar issue.  Thank you - M. Gillies

Jbritton
Level 1

I have the same issue and I am running out of time. I just need the list. We have a form letter to send to the donors to use for a tax credit. I could pull the list up on desktop for free, why not on quickbooks online. HELP.

abcbookwerks
Level 2

Melissa4:  No, I'm still completely stumped.  At this point, I'm almost in a panic.  I may just have to export it all back into QB desktop to get it done, since QB desktop can do it.

abcbookwerks
Level 2

Jbritton:  I know, I'm just about in panic mode right now myself.  Very similar situation... we have a form letter to send to donors to use for tax purposes as well.  It's going to take hours to merge a couple of lists together to make what I'm looking for!  I may just export QB back into the Desktop version to get it done.  I am so beyond frustrated with QB online anyway, and this is just one more thing that makes me hate it more.  Why can't they make online QB versions like they do with Desktop (ie, non-profit, contractors, etc.)?  So many limitations to QB online, and now I'm looking at having to do hours of work with a report and it will cost the client bunches of money to pay me to do it.

Jbritton
Level 1

I agree. I changed to QBO last December and the first six to eight months there was one thing after another. After the overhaul to get the bugs out, it seem to have gotten a little better. I am also tried of all of the problems and there is not always someone available to assist you. I have used QuickBooks desktop since the early 2000 and know it like the back of my hand. I changed to QBO for the convenience of working when I am not in the office. Having to pay for another service is too much. I had to go through  and set up each entity needed. I think the desk cost less and once it was setup for non-profit that was all you had to do

@abcbookwerks wrote:

Jbritton:  I know, I'm just about in panic mode right now myself.  Very similar situation... we have a form letter to send to donors to use for tax purposes as well.  It's going to take hours to merge a couple of lists together to make what I'm looking for!  I may just export QB back into the Desktop version to get it done.  I am so beyond frustrated with QB online anyway, and this is just one more thing that makes me hate it more.  Why can't they make online QB versions like they do with Desktop (ie, non-profit, contractors, etc.)?  So many limitations to QB online, and now I'm looking at having to do hours of work with a report and it will cost the client bunches of money to pay me to do it.

Melissa4
Level 2

Ok - not sure my issue is the same as yours but this is how I solved it.  I use QB Online.

In Reports:  go to Sales and Customers:  Sales by Donor Summary

Income by Donor Summary

At the top left box use the drop down to select the period of time you want

SAVE Customization once you get the report the way you want and then save it in the Custom Reports back on the Reports main screen.

Now - you should be able to see a list of your donors and the amount they gave during the time you chose.  Click the middle number "Income" and it takes me to the individual donors list.  It says Profit /Loss which doesn't thrill me since we are a church and that type of verbiage doesn't work for us. I think there is a way to change that title but I'm just happy to get our donors records. Either way you can now print the statement for that donor.  

Hope this helps.  Melissa

abcbookwerks
Level 2

Thank you so much Melissa4!  It's not quite what I need, but it certainly gets me much closer than what I had been doing!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us