Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
Anonymous
Not applicable

Downgrade Subscription (UK)

The QB UK Platform needs to have a "Downgrade" or "Change My Plan" feature urgently introduced.
It's been available for over 1.5 year on the QB US platform and I can't understand why it hasn't been ported over.
QB need to understand that small business change over time and hence don't need to pay for additional subscriptions and services when they are not required.
I'm currently wasting money on a QB Plus subscription when I only require QB Essentials.
I might as well completely cancel and go to another provider.
Disappointing.

Solved
Best answer August 19, 2022

Accepted Solutions
emmam6

Hello Community Users! Just dropping in on this thread to add some clarification to the current downgrade options. You can now downgrade your package in QuickBooks Online, you may need to disable features not in the other packages and there is some criteria detailed below.

You will likely need to turn off some features. If you use any of the features mentioned below follow the steps in the section:

Pause recurring transaction templates

If you need to switch to QuickBooks Online Simple Start, turn off your recurring transaction templates first. This plan doesn’t support recurring transactions:

1. Go to Settings ⚙ and select Recurring Transactions.
  2. Select a template. Then select the Edit ▼ dropdown.
  3. Select Pause and then Pause again to confirm.

Remove extra users

You may need to remove users depending on the plan you downgrade to. Learn more about user limits for each plan.

Learn more about multicurrency

QuickBooks Online Simple Start doesn’t support multicurrency. If you currently have the multicurrency feature enabled, you won’t be able to switch to QuickBooks Simple Start.

Turn off stock

If you need to switch to QuickBooks Online Simple Start or Essentials make your stock items inactive. These subscription levels don't support stock tracking. Only QuickBooks Online Plus lets you track stock. More information on downgrading can be found in this article

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello BM7,

We apologise that you are not happy with this feature not being offered in the UK. Please use the feedback option under the cog wheel in your account to suggest this directly to the developers. 

Thanks,

Talia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Talia,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I've done this already, and I have been chasing this for over 7 months now, and I don't believe this is good enough from QB Dev.

The feature that has been available on the QB US platform for quite some time is yet to be migrated across to the QB UK platform and shows a serious lack of understanding of QB customer base. Small-businesses need to be agile and change the services that they have subscribed to very quickly and not to be able to easily upgrade, and downgrade is a severe oversight.

KR

BM7

TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello,

We appreciate your need for this feature, however our only option is to wait for this to be implemented by the developers. The only current workaround is to create a new account and import your lists (customers, suppliers etc), in terms of your transactions, you could import these manually using the bank feed, or use a third party app.

Thanks,

Talia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again Talia.

The workaround of creating a new account and import information automatically and manually is extremely time-consuming and is likely fraught with errors.

When will this feature be implemented please? Some timeline would be appreciated.

KR

BM7

TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello,

I appreciate why that is not ideal. Unfortunately we have no time frame on future updates/features, please keep an eye out on our product updates site which our developers post to once they have specific dates: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/uk/product-updates/

Thanks,

Talia

emmam6

Hello Community Users! Just dropping in on this thread to add some clarification to the current downgrade options. You can now downgrade your package in QuickBooks Online, you may need to disable features not in the other packages and there is some criteria detailed below.

You will likely need to turn off some features. If you use any of the features mentioned below follow the steps in the section:

Pause recurring transaction templates

If you need to switch to QuickBooks Online Simple Start, turn off your recurring transaction templates first. This plan doesn’t support recurring transactions:

1. Go to Settings ⚙ and select Recurring Transactions.
  2. Select a template. Then select the Edit ▼ dropdown.
  3. Select Pause and then Pause again to confirm.

Remove extra users

You may need to remove users depending on the plan you downgrade to. Learn more about user limits for each plan.

Learn more about multicurrency

QuickBooks Online Simple Start doesn’t support multicurrency. If you currently have the multicurrency feature enabled, you won’t be able to switch to QuickBooks Simple Start.

Turn off stock

If you need to switch to QuickBooks Online Simple Start or Essentials make your stock items inactive. These subscription levels don't support stock tracking. Only QuickBooks Online Plus lets you track stock. More information on downgrading can be found in this article

Need to get in touch?

Contact us