cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
vinod1
Level 1

How could I access database to get data from Quickbooks ? I saw that by using ODBC to link Quickbooks database with MS Access

4 REPLIES 4
john-pero
Community Champion

How could I access database to get data from Quickbooks ? I saw that by using ODBC to link Quickbooks database with MS Access

What data , where is it, and what do you want to do with it? You tagged your post as Onljne, which might mean you have all your data on the Intuit, hosted by Anazon, cloud. Getting cloud data to do other things with it can be tricky or impossible

RaymondJayO

Hi there, @vinod1,

Accessing database with MS access using ODBC is currently available for UK desktop versions. For more details about this integration, here's a great article you can refer to: ODBC Driver FAQs

However, you can look for a third-party app on the QuickBooks App Center. This website lists all the accredited applications that can be integrated with QuickBooks Online (QBO). From there, you can link your chosen app to QBO. Here's how: 

1. Go to https://apps.intuit.com/. 
  2. On the Region drop-down, make sure to select UK country.
  3. On the Search box, type in ODBC
  4. You can also choose any categories from the left menu.
  5. Then, select the correct app that suits to your business.

This will get you going, @vinod1. Should you need more help about QuickBooks, please let me know by leaving a comment below. Have a great day!

Malcolm Ziman
Level 10

@john-pero wrote:

Getting cloud data to do other things with it can be tricky or impossible

Not true. It's not impossible and is not tricky if you know what you are doing.  If you subscribe to an app you can do whatever you want with the data - delete, create or edit in batch -  things that can't be done using the QBO interface

Cookiejest
Level 1

Hey,

We built an app called cloudslurp (https://www.cloudslurp.com) to do this. It connects to our quickbooks cloud account and pulls the data in one go in JSON or CSV format at a URL string. it is good for extracting all your data for backup or other uses like pulling it into an access database or excel or whatever.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us