Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
gressgardens
Level 2

How to enter Contact Phone number in UK format

Hi, I am new to QBOn line.  When filling in our Contact info, the system would only allow me to enter our phone number in the International format e.g +44 XXXXXXXXXX.  Many of my customers are elderly and I think this may cause confusion for them.  I'd like it to appear in the standard UK dialling format of 07771 XXXXXX.  Is this possible?  Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
AlcaeusF

Hello and welcome to the Community, gressgardens.

I'm glad you reached out to us regarding the phone number concern in QuickBooks Online.

Yes, it's possible. You can create your own sales form template and enter the desired number you want. Here's how:

1. Click the Gear icon.
  2. Below Your Company, select Custom Form Styles.
  3. For an existing template, click Edit below the Action column.
  4. If you want to create a new one, click the drop-down arrow next to New style.
  5. Select Invoice, Estimate or Sales Receipt.
  6. Go to the Content tab.
  7. Click the first pencil icon in the upper-right corner.
  8. Below Header, enter the phone number you want.
  9. Click Done.

1.JPG

When you create the invoice, please make sure to select the template you modified.

2.JPG

I'm here anytime you have additional questions concerning the process. I'll keep an eye out on your response.

gressgardens
Level 2

Thanks, really helpful, all sorted now!

els2023
Level 1

Is there a way to enter a number with +44? Everytime I try to add it, QB doesn't like it and removes it. Is there a way around this? 

Ashleigh1
QuickBooks Team

Hello Els2023, thanks for posting on this thread, so you can drop the 0 and add the 44 you just can't put  a space between the 44 and the rest of the number or add the + in as either of this will not be accepted it has to read for example 447837451885, you can leave it as feedback within the main cog wheel. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us