cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Businessownerof3
Level 1

Add User

I am an Admin on my account bust cant add users to the QBs card processing  on one of my businesses  the other 2 I can only add mobile user but not for desktop like my first account.  

6 Comments 6
IamjuViel
QuickBooks Team

Add User

Thanks for bringing this situation to my attention, @Businessownerof3.

I'm here to help walk you through adding users to your QuickBooks Payments account.

Here's how:

1. Sing in the Intuit Small Business website.
    1. Login to the Merchant Service Center.
    2. Choose Account.
    3. Go to Users.
    4. In the QuickLinks section, select How do I add a new user?.
    5. Choose the https://paymentslogin.intuit.com/j/qbn/user/invite link.
  2. Enter the email address of the user.
  3. Assigned a Role to the user.
  4. Click Send.

Your newly added user will received an invitation email. They need to click the Sign In button to complete the process.

If you're still unable to add users, may I ask what is the exact error prompt that you've received? A screenshot of the prompt would be very helpful.

Let's apply the following troubleshooting steps to make sure this is not browser-related:

• Log in to your QuickBooks Payments account using an incognito or private browser.
    • Google Chrome, press CTRL + Shift + N
    • Mozilla Firefox: press CTRL + Shift + P
    • Internet Explorer: press CTRL + Shift + P
    • Safari: press Command + Shift + N
  • The stored data in your browser’s history can cause some odd errors and may affect the performance of QuickBooks, you may want to clear your browser’s cache to avoid this.
  • Lastly, to check any issues with your browser’s health and its compatibility with QuickBooks Online Payments, you can run the Browser Health Checkup Tool.

For additional insights, you may visit these articles:

Always feel free to visit us here in the Community if you have other questions about provisioning access to authorized users in your QuickBooks Payments account.

smith2019
Level 1

Add User

I am also having trouble with this. I sent the invite and they never received the email. It did not go into their spam filter either.  I am getting the alert that if they are not added it will disrupt our payments. As the admin I need to get this cleared up but so far no emails have been received to add them.......

JanyRoseB
QuickBooks Team

Add User

Thanks for joining this thread, smith2019.

I'm here to guide you to the right support so you can get the help you need. 

I've checked our investigation list, and we don't have any ongoing investigation about adding a user to the QuickBooks payment account. In this case, I encourage you to contact our QuickBooks Merchant Support Team. They have additional tools to pull up your account to investigate this further and process troubleshooting steps if necessary. 

You can contact our Merchant support through this link: QuickBooks Payments

For additional reference, you can check this article on how to add a user to a QuickBooks Payments account

Please let me know how it goes by adding a comment below. I'm just a post away if you have other questions about adding a user. Have a good one. 

Jackie191
Level 1

Add User

Trying to add new users and I keep getting this error:

! An error has occurred.  

*unknown system error has occurred.

Jackie191
Level 1

Add User

Trying to add new users and I am getting an error message.  Can you please advise??

! An Error has occurred is the message I am getting.

Thank you!

AlcaeusF

Add User

Hi Jackie191,

Welcome to the Community. I'm here to lend a hand with your concern about adding new users in QuickBooks Online.

You need to have a Master or Company Administrator user type to be able to add, delete, or change a user's access. If you're unable to add one, let's start with performing some browser troubleshooting to get rid of the error message.

For additional insight into managing any user access, such as adding a new one, I'm adding an article that I recommend:

How to add, delete, or change a user's access.

First thing you can do is log into your QuickBooks account using a private browser. I'm adding the shortcut keys below depending on what you're using:

• For Chrome, press Ctrl + Shift + N.
  • For Internet Explorer or Firefox, press Ctrl + Shift + P.
  • For Safari, hold down Command + Shift + N.

If it works, you can go back to your regular browser and clear its cache. I also recommend trying a different supported browser to help identify if the problem is system or browser related.

Keep in touch with me here should you need further assistance with adding a user. I want to make sure you're taken care of.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us