cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RonnieBoone
Level 2

Adding User Causes Login Issues

Whenever we create a new user in QuickBooks, it creates an issue where no one can log in, except the administrator.  When anyone else opens QuickBooks, the only selection is to log in as an admin - there is no box for their specific username (similar to the image attached).  If we delete the new user, everything goes back to normal, and people can once again log in.  Any idea what's causing this issue?

1 Comment 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding User Causes Login Issues

Hi there, @RonnieBoone.

Let me help share some information about login issues in QuickBooks.

Since you're getting this kind of issue when creating a new user, then it's possible that there are issues on your data. If this is the case, then you'll need to run the File Doctor tool to resolve the most common errors that are preventing your users from logging in.

You can check on this related article for the steps: Use the built-in or internal QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor.

Once you're done, try creating a new user again to check if it's still causing login issues. However, if the issue persists, I'd recommend contacting our helpful chat support so they can access your account and further check the problem using their extra tools.

Here's how you can reach them:

1. On your QuickBooks, press F1 and select Contact us.
  2. Type in your question and select Search.
  3. Click the Start a Message tab.

Keep me updated on how it goes. I'll be here to help if you need anything else or if you have additional questions about your user access. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us