cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

Can I block access to discount

We use Quickbooks Desktop POS 18.0. Is there a way for me to block the ability to discount at the register by category, specifically 'Consignment Art?"

Also, is there a way to block a transaction discount if the sale also has a discount on any single item? We have had trouble with the cashier, giving a discount within the sale, and then hitting employee discount to complete the transaction, accidentally giving the employee a double discount. We are a small shop so I always catch it, and it is a training issue, but I'd rather eliminate the confusion and force the cashier to redo the transaction rather than try to fix it.

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Can I block access to discount

Hi there, @csrhcinfo,

Let's get you to the right support who currently handle discount categories.

I suggest contacting our QuickBooks Point of Sale Technical Team so they can help check the discount settings on your account. They also need to verify how the discounts are being applied.

You can contact them by going to this link: https://community.intuit.com/browse/payments-contact-us.

Should you need anything else, please don't hesitate to post again. Thank you and take care always.