cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ben8
Level 2

Can a get a report which shows payments received for Q1 2019 but listing only payments for those invoices outstanding as of Dec. 31, 2018?

Solved
Best answer February 28, 2019

Best Answers
Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Can a get a report which shows payments received for Q1 2019 but listing only payments for those invoices outstanding as of Dec. 31, 2018?

Hi, @ben8.

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. I'm here to help share information about running reports in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

We can run reports of invoices and payments in QBO, however, we don't have the option to run the report that shows payments received for the first quarter of 2019 and listing the outstanding invoices as of the previous year or December 31, 2018.

As a workaround, you may run/open the Invoices and Received Payments Report, export the report to Excel and make the necessary filter from there.

To open the report:

1. Click on Reports at the left pane.
  2. Look for Invoices and Received Payments in the search field.
  3. Make the necessary customization.

To export the report to Excel, you can check this article: How to export reports to Excel.

Don't hesitate to add a comment below if you have any other questions about running reports in QBO. I'll be right here to help you!

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Hi, @ben8.

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. I'm here to help share information about running reports in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

We can run reports of invoices and payments in QBO, however, we don't have the option to run the report that shows payments received for the first quarter of 2019 and listing the outstanding invoices as of the previous year or December 31, 2018.

As a workaround, you may run/open the Invoices and Received Payments Report, export the report to Excel and make the necessary filter from there.

To open the report:

To export the report to Excel, you can check this article: How to export reports to Excel.

Don't hesitate to add a comment below if you have any other questions about running reports in QBO. I'll be right here to help you!

Huey Fern
Level 1

@Angelyn_T wrote:

Hi, @ben8.

To open the report:

@Angelyn_T wrote:

Hi, @ben8.

To open the report:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Like any other reports in QuickBooks Online, Invoice and received payments can also be customized, Huey Fern.

Once you’ve open the report, you’ll see a tab that says Customize at the upper right corner. Just click on it and go to Rows/Columns section. This is where you can check all the columns you’d like to include on the report and uncheck those you don’t want. Once done, click Run report to apply the changes you’ve made.

For additional insights about this process, please refer to this article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Reports-and-accounting/How-to-customize-reports/m-p/186005

Let me know by commenting down below if you’re referring to something else. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us