cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Experienced Member

Can you create a balance sheet with actuals and budget data from Quickbooks in Desktop Writer?

Can you create a balance sheet with actual data and budget data from QuickBooks in Desktop Writer?

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Can you create a balance sheet with actuals and budget data from Quickbooks in Desktop Writer?

Hello there, @gwenellis.

Let me help guide you on how to create create a balance sheet with actual and budget data in QuickBooks. 

Are you referring to QuickBooks Statement Writer? If so, let me walk you through the steps: 

1. At the top menu bar, click Reports.
  2. Go to QuickBooks Statement Writer.
  3. Click Design New.
  4. Under report content, select the Report Date.
  5. On the Basis option, choose Accrual.
  6. Select the Balance Sheet on the statement.
  7. Scroll-down to add the Budget to Actual Statements.

Once done, create a Report Name and click the Change to save the location. 

For additional reference, you can check these articles below:

If you need further assistance with the steps, I encourage you to contact our QuickBooks Desktop Support Team. They have additional tools to pull up your account and do a remote session. 

Here's how to contact our customer support:

1. Select QuickBooks Desktop Help from the Help menu.
  2. You can also press F1 on your keyboard to bring up the same Help Panel. 
  3. In order to route you to the correct support expert, we need to know what type of question you have.
  4. Click Continue.
  5. We’ll provide you a few options. You choose which one is best for you.

That should do it! Fill me in if you have any other questions about the QuickBooks Statement Writer. I'm always here to help you out. Have a good one. 

Experienced Member

Re: Can you create a balance sheet with actuals and budget data from Quickbooks in Desktop Writer?

JanyRoseB: 

Thank you for your suggestions.  I want to create a balance sheet that shows a column for 2018 actual (12/31/18), a column for 2019 actual (March 2019), a column for 2019 budget (March 2019).  I have created a budget (a profit loss & a balance sheet) in Quickbooks.  When using the steps you gave I still can’t get Quickbooks Data-Actual or Quickbooks Data-Budget in the Balance Sheet.  I’ll plan to give support a call tomorrow.  Thank you.

Gwen Ellis   

Highlighted
Experienced Member

JanyRoseB: 

Thank you for your suggestions.  I want to create a balance sheet that shows a column for 2018 actual (12/31/18), a column for 2019 actual (March 2019), a column for 2019 budget (March 2019).  I have created a budget (a profit loss & a balance sheet) in Quickbooks.  When using the steps you gave I still can’t get Quickbooks Data-Actual or Quickbooks Data-Budget in the Balance Sheet.  I’ll plan to give support a call tomorrow.  Thank you.

Gwen Ellis