cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1stclasse3
Level 1

Client QB Login Issue

We're setting up a cloud server for our clients so that they can use the QuickBooks in our cloud. The problem is that a client can see the last user login username when they log in to their QB file. Is it any way that any credentials saved previously for all users will be deleted or forgotten? So, users will be required to enter a username and password on the next login.

4 Comments 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Client QB Login Issue

Hi there, @1stclasse3,

I appreciate your time checking this with the Community. I can share some information on how to unsave previous user login in QuickBooks Desktop.

It's possible that you have turned on the preference to automatically recall the last login. To turn this off, follow the steps below:

1. In QuickBooks, go to Edit menu.
  2. Click Preferences from the drop-down.
  3. Choose General from the preference list.
  4. Go to Company Preferences.
  5. In the Manage Login Settings section, unclick the Keep user logged in for option.
  6. Click OK.

The client should now be prompt to enter their username and password again. Make sure they already have their user ID set up in QuickBooks. Here's how to do that:

1. Go to the Company menu.
  2. Choose Users.
  3. Click Set Up Users and Roles.
  4. To set up a new user, click New.
  5. Click Edit if you want to edit a user access.
  6. Click OK.

You might find this articles helpful:

That should do it, @1stclasse3. Let me know if you have any more questions about QuickBooks. I'm here to answer them for you. Have a great day!

1stclasse3
Level 1

Client QB Login Issue

Hi there,

The basic setting is unchecked "keep user logged in for". Please see attached. 

1stclasse3
Level 1

Client QB Login Issue

Hi there,

The basic setting is unchecked "keep user login for" and I confirmed that the function is unchecked and tried several QB files but they are the same.  Please see attached.

Charies_M

Client QB Login Issue

Hello everyone,

Thanks for responding and for sharing your experience with us.

This time, we can try updating your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release version.  Please refer to this article for the detailed steps: Update to the latest release of QuickBooks Desktop.

If the issue persist, I recommend you get in touch with our QuickBooks Desktop Support​. They have wide variety of tools to use for conducting a deeper investigation about this. 

1. ​Sign in to your QuickBooks Desktop company.​
  2. Select QuickBooks Help.
  3. Click Contact us.

If there's anything else I can help you with, just let me know. I'd be more than happy to assist you further.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us