cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allaboutguns
Level 1

Company operations screen loops

My computer did an update now my POS 10.0 won't open. It states "Open existing company", and has my company but every time that I click next it just screen loops back to the same screen, and won't open.  This has happened before, and this was the artticle that fixed it: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1591674-company-operations-screen-loops-for-quickbooks-point-o..., but it's gone now.  Any idea on how to get into my POS? 

1 Comment 1
Rose-A

Company operations screen loops

Thanks for checking in with us, allaboutguns.

I'm here to lend a helping hand in opening your company file in QuickBooks. Let's get you back up and running.

This "Open existing company" error may occur due to the following reasons:

• Point of Sale is attempting to reconnect to the company data file.
  • The POS database service manager isn't running and is unable to login your file.
  • Connection to the company file has been lost.
  • Damage to the company file.

To resolve this issue, you can follow the steps below for Solution 1 Restart Point of Sale services:

1. Close Point of Sale.
  2. Select the Windows Start button, enter services.msc, then press Enter.
  3. Find and configure Intuit Entitlement Service and QBPOS Database Manager:
    1. Double-click the Intuit Entitlement Service vX. (If there is more than one, choose the highest number version you see ).
    2. Select the General tab, from the Startup Type field, select Automatic and ensure the Service status is Started.
    3. Go to the Log On tab.
    4. Select Local System Account and Allow Service to Interact with Desktop.
    5. For Intuit Entitlement Service only:
      Go to the Recovery tab, select Restart the Service from the First, Second and Subsequent failures fields.
    6. Select Apply and then OK.
  4. Open the company file again.

Solution 2: Create a test company file:

1. Open Point of Sale.
  2. From the Start Company screen, select Create a new company, then select Next.
  3. In the Company Name field, type Test, then Create.
  4. Open the Test file.
    Note: If the test file fails to open, perform a clean reinstall. This may be caused by an issue with the program.
  5. Choose File > Company operations > Next.
  6. Select Open existing company, choose your company file and select Next.

For more recommended solutions, check out this article: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1764640-errors-when-opening-your-company-file-in-point-of-sale.

If you'd like to go through this over the phone, you can reach out to our dedicated team who will be happy to assist you. Our contact details can be found here along with our opening hours.

Keep me posted if you need additional assistance with opening your company file. I'll be around to help.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us