cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable
Solved

Desktop product activation date and expire date.

We have purchased new Qbooks edition every three years (as abdicated by Intuit, not by choice).... Anyhow, historically we purchase near the of May.  We got a deal, and purchased this year in early March.

If I activate the product in March 2017, will it expire in three years, March 2020, Or will the expire date remain the same, May of 2020?

Best answer 12-10-2018 09:42 PM

Accepted Solutions
Established Community Backer ***

The software doesn't expire, the support for it does (see...

The software doesn't expire, the support for it does (see article below).  If you purchased QB 2017, support should be discontinued May 31, 2020.

https://community.intuit.com/articles/1020742-quickbooks-service-discontinuation-disco-policy-and-up...

6 Comments

The software doesn't expire, the support for it does (see...

The software doesn't expire, the support for it does (see article below).  If you purchased QB 2017, support should be discontinued May 31, 2020.

https://community.intuit.com/articles/1020742-quickbooks-service-discontinuation-disco-policy-and-up...

Not applicable

Thank you for the reply, most helpful.  To clarify, the...

Thank you for the reply, most helpful.

To clarify, the software doesn't expire but business critical FEATURES EXPIRE or are DEACTIVATED such as printing paychecks and emailing invoices.  It's not really that they are no longer supported, although that is their legal statement.  You have to pay the ransom and purchase the product again at full price to get the email and payroll to work again.  You don't want or need any new features, you only want back what you purchased and was working before.    In another era, this was known as High Seas Piracy.  Today it could be considered by any reasonably intelligent person to be subject to a class action lawsuit and even perhaps Federal charges under the  RICO act  (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act)...;.

LOL.  And you can print paychecks and use webmail to emai...

LOL.  And you can print paychecks and use webmail to email documents, but you cannot use a payroll subscription (you can turn on manual payroll) or any electronic services.  As long as the software without those services meets your needs, you can continue to use it (but it is not advisable to use it for an extended period as the older your data file format is the more likely that you will encounter problems with it).

"I'm not trolling for a teacher.  I'm trolling for Patrio...

"I'm not trolling for a teacher.  I'm trolling for Patriots!"
At least you realize you are a Troll. Recognition is the first step to resolution. Sorry you are offended at how others run their business, but complaining on a Peer User forum doesn't make us want to Read your topics or offer Help. It is a bit like Crying Wolf.

The program's don't Expire. They reach end of life and Lo...

The program's don't Expire. They reach end of life and Lose Support and functions and get no further updates.

You can run it forever, as long as the loss of functions doesn't matter to the tools you use.

Stop Trolling your Peer Users on the Intuit hosted forum about your Displeasure with a company's decision for how to run Their Business. You have alternatives. You have posted your displeasure lots of places, as if We Have Any control over your situation. You are the Customer. You need to Shop, if you are unhappy with any current provider of goods or services.

Not applicable

Bhhaaaaaa...... If you can't beat 'em join 'em.  Sorry yo...

Bhhaaaaaa...... If you can't beat 'em join 'em.  Sorry you took offense.  I'm not trolling for a teacher.  I'm trolling for Patriots!