cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Explorer **

Hosted Enterprise - New Company other users don't see it

Hello
Only been using QB Enterprise for less than year, but have loaded files from another server and created users on both RightNetwoks & inside the various QB companies, so somewhat familiar. 

Problem is I created a new company, created the GL, added users with permissions and login passwords... but the "company list" when they bring up hosted QB doesn't show the new company I see on my computer. I called the priority QB help for QBE yesterday and after a long que was hung up on - probably their accident. I've also searched the Right Networks page for this issue, looked at QBE menus. I can't figure out how to add this new company to their login choices. 

The users have access to QB, so I don't think its a hosted network problem, seems like a QB E problem. 

Thoughts? 

7 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Hosted Enterprise - New Company other users don't see it

Hi Dirkdaddy,

Let's check to verify if your new company was set to Host Multi-User Access. This way, your other users can see and access it.

Let me show you how to get there.

1. From the File menu, click Utilities.
  2. Click Host Multi-User Access.
  3. Click Yes on the confirmation window.

If you see Stop hosting as an option, it means your company file is already in multi-user access. You'll want to re-scan your database server manager. It fixes error relating to multi-user access.

Here's how:

1. Click Windows StartAll Programs, then QuickBooks, and then QuickBooks DataBase Server Manager.
  2. Make sure the folder that contains your company files is showing in the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
    Note: If your company file folder is not displayed, select Browse, then go to the location you store your file.
  3. Click Start Scan and wait until the process finishes.

Once you're done, you can let other user's try accessing the company file again.

Feel free to refer to this article for more information: Set up multi-user network.

Stay in touch if you need further assistance. I'll be around to help.

Frequent Explorer **

Scott Philbrook
5:38 PM (0 minutes ago)

to Allison

Sorry for delay

I got an/your answer on the forum, and that looked like a winner but I did this to do it - 

logged in as Admin
Set to single user mode
tried to allow multiple users as described from utilities menu

Then I get an error
(screen shot not working) Saying
"Were sorry QB encountered a problem when opening the company file
Review article (see link) to resolve. Codes (-12, 0)

Which points to this link

You've answred the original question but now I have a new but related problem. Smiley Sad 
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for coming back, Dirkdaddy.

The article you've provided has the recommended solutions that can fix the error. We can download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor first so you'll be able to access your file in a multi-user environment.

Let me show you it's done:

1. Download the QuickBooks File Doctor to your computer.
  2. After the download completes, double-click qbfd.exe and follow the on-screen instructions to install the QuickBooks File Doctor.The QuickBooks File Doctor opens automatically after installing. If you do not see it opening, look for a green wrench icon in your Windows task bar.
  3. Use the drop down list to find your company file. If you do not see your company files in the list, click the browse button and manually locate it to continue.
  4. Select one of the following options: Both file damage and network connectivity (for data problems), Network connectivity only (network error).
  5. When prompted, enter the Admin password for your company file then click Next.
  6. You will then be prompted to choose Host/Server or Workstation. It is important to make sure you pick the right option! Wait until the File Doctor finishes diagnosing.

After the tool finishes diagnosis, close QuickBooks File Doctor and open the company file again.

You can also refer to this article following "Solution 1: Rename the .ND and .TLG files": Resolve Error -6000, when opening a company file.

Get back to me if you have other questions. I'm always here to help.

Frequent Explorer **

Maybe this is getting too far down the rabbit hole. This was a new setup company with no data except a GL setup and users. Why would be it corrupted? Anyway, back to trying the solution. 

I copied the link to the hosted RigntNetworks virtual PC windows session and used chrome to  download the small file. When I run that file on RightNetworks session it asks to save the program file somewhere, but when I go to try this in various places its always denied as part of the security setup no doubt. 

Perhaps it would be simpler to create another company and copy the GL into that, unless I'm going to have the same problem with that as I did this one? 

Thanks again,  

Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, Dirkdaddy.

There are a couple of reasons why a company can be damaged or corrupted, regardless if it's a new one or not. You may want to proceed in creating a new company file and import your GL into that. That'll also help us isolate the issue if if the file was damaged or not.

In case you're getting a similar result in the company, I would recommend contacting our Technical Support Department once again. They have additional tools that can double-check what's really causing the issue. Here's how:

1. Go to the Help menu and click QuickBooks Desktop Help.
  2. Click Contact Us.
  3. Enter a short description of the situation and click Continue.
  4.  Click Start Messaging or Get a callback.

Visit us again in the Community if you have other questions. 

Frequent Explorer **

Solution was - eventually - The users on RightNetworks would have to call RN and request that specific company file be added to their company file selection menu. RN did go extra distance and save having to have all users call in separately by adding to their menus all at once with my support call. I am not sure why we got a cryptic QB message or why RN didn't have more instructions on adding company to other users menu, but this took about 2.5 hours to accomplish which is costing  my clients.  Hopefully this Query will help others avoid the same pitfalls. Cheers!
QB did give prompt support but as this was something caused by RN it wasn't readily a support issue they could resolve easily. 

QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @Dirkdaddy.

I'm glad that you were able to find a solution to this concern. 

Thank you for posting your solution here as well. This will surely help other users who are connected to RightNetworks and are having the same concern as yours. 

Also, you can always visit our Help Articles in case you need to learn some "How do I" steps.

Please know that you can always get back to us if you have any other concerns. I'll be around to help you.