cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I run a detailed profit and loss report?

4 Comments
Community Manager

Re: How do I run a detailed profit and loss report?

I can help you run a detailed Profit and Loss report, amyrhammer. 

For QuickBooks Online Plus and Essential versions, go to Reports and type Profit and Loss Detail in the search field. In Simple Start, we currently don't have a way to customize the Profit and Loss report to show the details. 

If you have any questions, please let us know. We'll be right here to help.

I type that in but I do not get a report. I cannot find it anywhere in the report sections

Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for coming to the Community for help, @jcscherer88.

I’m here to make sure you’re able to run the Profit & Loss Detail report.

With QuickBooks Online Essentials or Plus, you should have this report in your account. However, if you’re using Simple Start, you can run the Profit & Loss report and click the Net Income amount at the bottom to see the details.

Here’s an article with additional insight about reports: Run Reports.

In case this is some kind of unexpected behavior in the product, I recommend clearing your browser’s cache. Sometimes it stores up in your system and causes issues in your web pages like functions not working. It’s possible that local internet files are behind this.

You can start by switching to a different browser or using a private window when logging in to QuickBooks. Here’s how:

• Ctrl + Shift + P (Internet Explorer)
  • Command + Shift + N (Safari)
  • Ctrl+ Shift + N (Google Chrome)
  • Ctrl + Shift + P (Mozilla Firefox)

When the program is not performing as it should and a private browsing session works, you need to clear your browser’s cache. Before doing so, make sure to take note of your saved passwords and URLs. Once done, here's an article with the steps on how to perform clear cache: Delete or disable cache and temporary internet files in your web browser

That should do it. Please let me know how it goes once you tried these steps. I'm always here to help. Take care!

ProAdvisor

@jcscherer88 

Just to confirm - what version of QuickBooks Online do you have - Plus, Essentials or Simple Start?

If you've Simple Start, Profit and Loss Detail report is not available. What you could do is run the standard Profit and Loss report and at the bottom net income line, click amount. It will take you to the detailed report. Unfortunately, you can't customize this report in Simple Start.