cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How do I sync an existing Quickbooks user account with a new user created on the same account?

How do I sync an existing Quickbooks user account with a new user created on the same account?

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: How do I sync an existing Quickbooks user account with a new user created on the same account?

Hello there, @dsession01.

Allow me to share some information on how provisioning user access in QuickBooks Desktop works.

Regardless of the version of QuickBooks, you're using, the ability to merge the roles and permissions of your authorized users is currently not available. What you can do is to edit the existing roles and permission of your authorized user if you want to modify it.

If you're using QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Premier, here's how to modify a user's access:

1. Go to the Company menu.
  2. Choose Set Up Users and Password
  3. Select Set Up Users.
  4. Highlight the specific user.
  5. Click Edit User.
  6. In the Change user password and access, make all the changes. Follow the on-screen instructions.
  7. Click Finish. x1.jpg

If you're using QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, you may check out these articles for more detailed instructions:

Feel free to visit us here in the Community if you have other questions about accessing a company file in QuickBooks Desktop. I'm always here to help.